Providing AI feedback for CAM Plus

I can’t unfortunately. It may only be available once you have the full version, but I’m not sure.

yup. google pixel phones are the only phones that run an unapologetic and unfiltered version of android. I’m yet to see where all the company bloatware and mush they put on phones does them any good too…a clean android version will always be the dream. sadly pixel’s didnt have the abilities I needed at the time.

how long do you have left in your trial?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply!
I’d have to agree with others that it may be something with your device. I don’t use Android, but it seems @Bam and others are knowledgeable.
@spamoni do you plan to purchase the full version of Cam Plus? If so, then we’d really know if the trial affects it or not.

already purchased :slight_smile: i almost want to tag in the rest of the mav’s…it seems like the trial messed something up previously probly on another FW though. I thought it was something with the AI but in my search I cant find it.

1 Like

as @Bam said, I already purchased 5 licenses of CamPlus. Then when my V3 arrived, it prov ided 1 trial license of CamPlus - not really needed. I did send Wyze an email / ticket telling them if they want to remove the trial to see if it is causing the issue to feel free.

To answer your question: I have 5 days left of the Free Trial.

As a side note: I also noticed that Wyze’s counter for licenses is off by 1. It indicated that I have 1 free Trial License, when I go to add a camera the header says it has 0, it should actually say 1. I selected an outdoor camera to use the trial and see if there is a difference. But this is another items which should be corrected.

1 Like

You don’t actually have to use support to remove the trial, go to account settings > Cam Plus, Click edit > you can remove the trial, then add the paid licenses.

2 Likes

I have been doing that. All it seems to do is remove the camera from the actual trial license. But it does not physically remove the CamPlus License itself. If I could remove the Trial Line Item all together, then I can do a real test. I probably would have to wait for the remaining 5 days.

Unless I am missing something. :slight_smile: which is possible.

Just an additional note: I think some of these issues are Android App related. I am saying this because I have both, and Android Phone and iPhone.

The iPhone experience:

• Allows me to pick a tag when submitting an event
  • No delays when connecting to a Camera. It simply connects to the camera and starts streaming
  • I Still don’t have the additional CamPlus options - Only Person Detection is available to me. This is why I think this issue is CamPlus related.
  • Sporadic notifications exists on Person Detection. I can go into the Event tab and see events marked as person, but I was not notified. If I turn on all notifications, I then get notified within 10 to 15 seconds. Would be nice to get it immediately since I said I wanted all notifications. :slight_smile: I would expect some delay when filtering for person as it needs to do the AI processing.

Android Experience

• No tag selection when submitting video’s
  • No CamPlus options for detection. only have the Person Detection
  • Sporadic Person notifications being sent. I can go into the Event tab and see events marked as person, but I was not notified. You do get notified when selecting All Motion just like the iOS device.
  • Connecting to the camera’s are hit or miss. It seems to simply hang trying to connect. Most of the time it is hung on step 1 or step 3 of the connection process. Also, at times when it does connect it shows the stream bit rate and then it drops to 0. If I log out of the app, log back in, then it seems to work fine for a period of time.

I am running the beta version on both devices, and have resorted to providing Events via the iOS as I can tag them directly.

I also understand there will be issues with a beta version and this is what I signed up for. I have submitted tickets and logs, hopefully the next update will resolve some or all of my issues.

Thanks for the support on these - always looking for options to try and correct the experience.

turn your hardware decoder on in the app. I think this was a previous complaint with another variant of phones. see if that makes a noticeable difference in connections. if not, it might come down to the radio in that phone.

I turned it on this morning to see if things got better. What is interesting to me is that if I removed the beta version and put the production version on (Leave being a Beta Tester), then I have not problem with the connections at all. When I put the Beta version back on, it will work for a period of time and then start acting up. I just turned the HW decoder back on and will test again.

Can I ask one other question: I have tried enabling the “Running In Background” option to see if I would be notified faster. However, I cannot see any difference between it being on or off. Do you use that option?

I do have mine running in the background.

OK - I will turn that on as well and see. Ok, I lied… :slight_smile: One other question…

When you use your apps do you close them down by swiping up so they are not running? or when you launch an app, do you let it stay running. I tend to shutdown the apps when I am done using them. I use the swipe method so I swipe up to see all apps that are running and then Swipe up to remove the app from running.

Trying to get closer to the differences…

Let me say, even with this items being discussed, I am impressed with Wyze and the product line they are providing. Looking forward to what is coming.

no worries. it what we mavens do.

I usually close the apps fully, just a peeve of mine knowing a bunch of things are going at once.

same thanks. I am going through Android 11 again. Checking all of the Adaptive Settings to see. I have just turned off Adaptive Connectivity, Adaptive Battery, and looking at others.

Yes, I have 4 paid licenses and 2 trials. Even the trials have the AI options.

Using a unlocked Pixel 4a 5g, Android 11

I suspect it’s simply a issue with the app. Maybe try leaving beta, uninstall & going back to the production app, then rejoin the beta.

Also, the beta option in the app is fairly new. Even though I opted into beta testing from the play store longgg ago, I still went through the steps in the app too.

Thanks. I did that as well. You and I are using similar phones, I have the Pixel 5 though. I will go through the process to uninstall and reinstall again.

Ok Step 1: Production release of app is back on my phone. No connection issues at this time. I select a Camera and it loads as expected and starts streaming.

Now on to Step 2 - becoming a Beta Tester Again…

Got the Beta App and Made sure all of my devices were enrolled by selecting the Beta Program in the About Screen.

and will test again…

Connections are being made continuously to the camera’s. But will monitor.

I agree, I think it is relared to the App.

Question on your Pixel 4a5G, can you check your settings on the phone and see if the following is on or off:

• Adaptive Connectivity - Set mine off to off (Was On)
  • Adaptive Battery - set mine to off (Was On)
  • Adaptive Notification - Set mine to None (Android Adaptive Notification is the default)
  • Notification Access Shows 2 WyzeBeta’s does yours? See my image below

Thanks in advance. Wife is away, so I have time to experiment.

1 Like

All my settings were the same as yours, including 2 WyzeBetas in notification access, one was allowed, the other not allowed. But I can’t see any of those settings having anything to do with why you’re not seeing the AI options.

1 Like

I agree – thanks… wonder why one was allowed and the other was not. interesting…

I just saw the difference: one is WyzeBand, the other is strictly WyzeBeta. I am suspectinng that the WyzeBand is set to allowed.

Ahh, yes that’s correct. The WyzeBand was allowed so it can pass notifications from app to band