Playback speed

Is it possible to change the playback speed? 1:1 makes it difficult to go back and check stuff. I have the camera saving to a SDcard but it only saves 12 seconds.

7 Likes

The 12 second video clips that are stored on the cloud are a totally separate thing from the video recordings on the SD card
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029811772-Event-Videos

1 Like

Ok. I was on my phone and botched the post I think.
I want to know how to adjust the playback speed when I look at the continuous recording.

3 Likes

The only way to increase the playback speed from the SD card is to slide the timeline forward in increments.
Also

• You can pinch and zoom on the timeline to change the scale of the timeline to make it easier to select a specific point in time. This is particularly useful if you have 1-minute increments based on the Record events only setting.
  • You can use the < and > buttons to jump to the previous or next event in the timeline. This is helpful when the camera is set to Record events only.

To be clear, I cannot set the playback speed to 10X and zip through the entire file.

3 Likes

Currently there is no way to change the playback speed, you can only jump forward. There is a Wishlist item for playback speed. I have linked it below and you can vote in the upper left.

4 Likes

You cannot set the playback speed to 10X and zip through the entire file.
The only way to increase the playback speed from the SD card is to slide the timeline forward in increments.

1 Like

Alternative but clunky way to do what you want is to pull your SD card and view the files in a PC using a media player. At the moment that’s the only way to seriously fast view. Do go checkout the wishlist item @WyzeJasonJ mentioned and be sure to Vote!
Even worse in terms of total time consumption, but having some functionality for shorter time intervals, is to decide what time frame you want to search, start playback and record your own playback. That gives you a video file in your album you can access on your device. This works well in IOS - haven’t had the opportunity to try in Android. Set it, start recording and go do something else for however long, then come back and quick search.

3 Likes

Unfortunately that isn’t an option. Both my cameras are in locations that make accessibility difficult.
Maybe a firmware mod or method to drop the file to cloud storage to look it is in order I guess.

2 Likes

I understand and agree - I have cams requiring ladders.
Do as @WyzeJasonJ suggested and vote here! Right now it’s what we can do. They watch this list-hence the name-seriously for ideas for improvements.

2 Likes

What I was suggesting doesn’t require access. I’m assuming that you have a time frame in mind, either from using the Event videos as a flag in time or from your own knowledge of when you want to view. Just open the cam in your app, go to View Playback, slide the time scale to the time frame you want to view. Then Press the Record icon. That starts a real-time recording which will go to the album on your device. From there you can treat it like any other media file.
The downside: it is a real-time recording. If the event you wanted to view is an hour long, that’s how long the recording will take.

Wyze cams have a time lapse feature. Or are you wanting the video to be compressed on board the camera?