Pink/Purple Tint

I purchased and still use the WyzeC1 version and it works like a champ. Because it worked so well, I bought a newer one, which is the v2. My v2 also has a pink tint as described in this thread, and that is why I am here. Even though the Wyze cams may be inexpensive when compared to others, I find it disheartening to find there is little to no support for them. To me, it says a lot about the product… and company.

It is good to hear that worked for you. I’ve rebooted and even unplugged it to no avail. I still have a pink tint over the entire display.

I was reading about this issue in the Forum not too long ago. I read that it has something to do with the Night Mode changes and the switch getting stuck. The recommendation was to try cycling through the Modes - Auto, On, and Off. this seems to jog whatever seems to be stuck and then corrects it.

Simple thing you can try.

2 Likes

Thank you, Spamoni4. I have done this including rebooting, unplugging, and even deleting the device, doing a factory device, and going through the setup steps again. Whenever the night vision mode is off is when I have the pink tint over the entire display. This pink tint first started only on areas of higher exposure like the sidewalk or a glint off a vehicle’s windshield but as described, it is now the entire screen.

1 Like

Sorry to hear it did not work.

I will see if I can find anything else, I am a community member as you so some researching will need to be done. In the meantime, I would call Wyze and report this. I would also create a log and post that as well, in case you have not.

here is the information

By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Or online: Wyze.com/support

phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

Thank you.

Thanks, This worked for me. The image was all Pink. Just turned Night Vision off and on a couple of time and back to normal!!

2 Likes

How many times? No luck for me.

I gave up trying to get an answer or fix to this issue so I ended up throwing my camera in the trash.

1 Like

Guessing no one has found a solution to this issue, well I have news it’s not a “hardware” issue, most likely the camera was dropped at some point, and the UV/ infrared filter has shifted, if you give the camera a slight tap from the side, depending on which way it was dropped, should reseat the filter and back to brand new. I literally moved mine from the kitchen window to my bedroom window and I was walking away the window mount had gave way and came off the window, it hit the floor from 2 ft. up, not even a solid hit on the floor a cord caught it, but it went pink, I gave it a tap from the top side, bang! good as new. Granted yes, this is a fix that needs to be taken care of from the factory to secure the filter a bit better.

I banged on mine a few times and it got rid of the pink for now at least.

I restarted camera using phone app.
It worked to restore normal looking imagery