Pet vs. Animal

Could “Pet” be universally changed to “Animal” or “Critter”? Would everyone who monitors their pets be irritated to have them called something else? It. sure would solve the massive. amounts of wildlife being improperly categorized. Do it once through software and be done with it.

6 Likes

Good idea, please use the #wishlist for this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, I thought I was.

1 Like

All good, I will flag it with the mods so they can move it for you

3 Likes

Good idea. I’ve had Events that show pet squirrels, birds, raccoons, etc. over the past year or so.

2 Likes

For AI requests, we keep a topic in this Wyze AI category with tag “ai-request” in addition to a wishlist request for visibility to the AI Team. I’ve added the ai-request tag to this topic and also merged the same request to the existing wishlist topic that covers this subject:

4 Likes

Ah ok, sorry and thanks!

3 Likes

No need to apologize. Thank you very much for the helpful flag. :+1:

2 Likes

I need to be able to identify raccoons :raccoon: vs. cats. :smile_cat: Why? Because cats are allowed to come in through the cat door; raccoons are not, for reasons that I hope will be obvious. Also, possums would be useful to identify vs. cats, as they are able to nuzzle open a cat door as well. Possums have a long narrow tail, like a rat, and a pointy jawline, with beady little eyes. I know what you’re thinking: how could AI ever hope to be able to distinguish between two creatures as similar as a cat and a possum? I mean, c’mon, they both have 4 legs. They both have similar fur, sort of…not really.

I know, my dreams are big, and perhaps totally unrealistic, but I hope someday you’ll give this some consideration. :wink:

2 Likes

In the past we had raccoons come in through the cat door - what a mess they made !!!

1 Like

p.s. I posted this a while ago: AI Submissions
It looks like they are going in the direction that you are you are wanting.
Welcome to the forum jmajerus…

Wildlife vs. pet

1 Like