Pets vs. Wildlife

I regularly have wildlife in my yard such as deer, turkeys, bobcats, bears, and even an occasional mountain lion. These critters are all detected as pets and I’d like to be able to distinguish them from my dog or the neighbors dog coming into the yard.

1 Like

If you would like to request that Wyze add this feature, that is handled thru a new topic post in the Wishlist. Go to the Wishlist, search the topics for one that matches your request. If you find one, vote for it at the top, like :heart: some posts, and add your reply post to support the request. If you do not find a match, submit a new topic for approval.

In your search, you may find that Wildlife detection for Cam Plus meets your request needs.

2 Likes

Yes: I have one cam that I use under my house to monitor for the rodents that show up down there sometimes. The cam will do it’s little survey: what’s in this video? and none of the options are true. The closest one is “pet” but calling a freelance mouse or rat a pet isn’t right. Also it just detected a mountain lion in my driveway and wanted me to call that a pet too. Wildlife detection sounds good.

Most of the time the AI is so stupid it won’t even detect a dog that someone is walking, so there is no way they will get it to work right determining pets from wildlife. They need to make less detections, not more because the ones they already have don’t work often as it is.