AI Submissions

I finally found a post where there was some instruction as to how we are supposed to provide feedback when submitting some AI tags:

1. Love this question! Shadow of a moving tree can be tagged as a moving tree. For the pets please just tag dog and cat for now. The foot can be ignored, while for a package it’s better to be sitting on the ground.

My new question is: I notice that the 2nd video does not offer to correct the tag and if you move ahead and come back you can “fool” it. Is this what the AI team would like?

2 Likes

I stopped reviewing any current day events until they fix the issue of forcing me to re-scroll back to where I left off from the top of the list. I am now only looking at yesterday’s activity since it is always fine when on that day. Now I have to scroll down to midnight the day before and I only get to see my videos until the end of yesterday, missing all of the early nighttime events and subsequent morning’s. I counted today to see how many scrolls needed to get to midnight the day before - 69 OF THEM !!! Can you imagine after viewing a few videos having to scroll back down 69 times ti get back to where you left off?
I also am not untagging most of my false positive triggers for person and stationary vehicles anymore. I can undo the false pets as there are not too many of those. I am no longer watching any corrected videos for more than a few seconds to see if any insects are in them anymore. It is getting to the point where I may not renew my subscriptions when they due.
I think they should compensate us for setting their AI straight. Maybe if for every 100 submissions we get one days extension on our subscriptions? That way if it really affects their bottom line $ “maybe” they’ll start putting resources to where it’s needed.

1 Like

This appears to be the same post as what was recently posted to the Wishlist topic:

I posted a reply there, but will reiterate here:

I could not reproduce this issue.

When I scroll down through the long list of events on Android, and choose an Event to view that is some 50 to 60 events down the list, the event plays.

When I select the down carrot in the upper left or use the Android Swipe Left - Back a Page feature, it returns me to the exact point where I left in the event list…the Event video I just selected. It does not return me to the beginning of the list.

Another thing I do to cut down on the length of the Events list so there isn’t so much scrolling is I use the filters to isolate specific cams and I always filter out motion only events that do not have AI tags. That way, the bugs and birds and trees are not seen. The video I posted shows them, but I turned them back on just to get enough events on my list to scroll thru

Yea can’t reproduce on IOS either. It takes me back to where I left off.

2 Likes

I wish mine would work on my iPad. Occasionally I would get current day’s events to act correctly but it’s been awhile . Every day I scroll down to today’s bottom, view one event, pop out to look for the next and I am back at the top. Then I give up until 24 hours later when they are now yesterdays events that works great .

I’ve missed a lot of wanted events that are tagged as motion when I tried that.

This may be an iOS app bug specific to viewing on the iPad. Does it do it in both landscape and portrait? Does it do it on other devices like your phone?

There is no viewing events available in landscape mode - portrait only. I have FireSticks that I use for live only - too awkward for navigating events. I do not have a phone😉.

Gotcha. @IEatBeans already confirmed the issue is not presenting on their iPhone.

I will check to see if anyone has an iPad and can test to see if this is an iPad incompatibility.

Hang tight.

@PaulT, I asked another Maven to test on their iPad but they also couldn’t reproduce returning back to the very top of the event list after viewing an event.

Would you be able to post the version of the Wyze App you are using on that iPad?

I am not an iOS user so I am not going to be much help at all beyond being able to tell if you have the most recent app. But, we can probably find someone who is an iOS iPad Guru.

2.34.1 (1)
Thanx for your interest!

That’s the most recent app… Interesting. Going to keep my eye out for someone well versed in iPad app use to see if I can tag them in!

1 Like

Good Morning Paul,
I’ve the same version on my iPad Pro 12.9, and while I don’t use it often for the wyze app, due to the Landscape issue, I did test this and could not reproduce the issue here.

I do recall this type of behavior occurring even on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but just tested it there as well (it’s on 2.34.1 (1) as well, and I could not reproduce the issue on it this morning either.

I’ll test more later when I have time.

SJ

2 Likes

Thanx!

Hello Paul and others, Rick here from northern CO. Just tested this on my 2021 iPad Pro 11" and it did not return to the top of the Event list. I’ve only had 10 events today, so not a very long list, but as you can see in the att. video I scroll down from the top of the list (Garage Door at 11:40am) down to the bottom (Pond at 4:18am), play the event (raccoon getting a drink!), then collapse by tapping the v in upper-left corner. I’m returned to where it left off in the list, so seems to behave normally. iPadOS 15.6.1 Wyze app v2.34.1 (1)

2 Likes

p.s. Everyone, I have a 7th generation iPad running version 15.5 software.

Experiment - I have 2 cam groups, a driveway and a yard group. I usually do not exit out from viewing my driveway group ( fewer views to go through - maybe a half dozen scrolls per day?) so I don’t know if the issue occurs in that group. I just did both days and they performed as they should. I purposely went in and out on both days and submitted a bunch of insects for the AI. Will do the yard one next.

Experiment 2 - Viewed all of yesterday’s yard videos going in and out multiple times, tagging some (but not all), and it worked flawlessly. Scrolled down to midnight on today’s, looked at a video at about 12,30 am, did not submit it for AI, popped out and was sent all the way to the top at 6:28 pm. So, at least it does not only happen after I tag something (the usual).

Hello Paul,
I view events frequently, but have never filtered by one of my two groups while doing so.

I did so just now on both my iPad and iPhone, and viewing an event, then returning me to the list events for that group returned me to where I was in the event list, not to to the top of the list as you are experiencing.

SJ

1 Like

Experiment 3 - I went through all my events by camera instead of by group (like I used to and still will do) and they all performed like they’re supposed to.

2 Likes