Packaging an additional terminal screw for the wyze-doorbell

I would like to suggest packaging one or two additional terminal screws with the doorbell. I’m talking about the screws where power finally attaches to the back of the doorbell. These screws are about 1 mm long and it is very easy to back one out too far and drop it during installation, never to be seen again.

When attempting to install the doorbell and screw in the bell wire into the terminal, I lost one of the screws. Does anyone know size and length I should look for in a replacement? Thanks…()

[Mod Note]: Post was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping posts in similar topics.

1 Like

your best bet there might be to take it to a hard ware store where you can thread some other screws in, or conversely take the screw you still have out, and have them size it at a hardware store, but being a small uncommon size…best of luck to you.

home depot will have a sizer and might have a screw that would work ( although you would have to buy it in a bag containing more than you need for prices you don’t want to pay) but that’s corporate America…

4 Likes

I think it’s a Phillips pan head, #4-40 x 1/8"?

3 Likes

Thanks! I found one that was close enough in a jar where I keep old screws - just took a while.

1 Like

I feel you on that. I came across this online last summer and instantly picked it up. I was looking for storage bins for my work room and they just happened to be filled with random nuts bolts washer spacers and everything else you can imagine… Absolutely priceless when you’re hunting for something! Not bad for $20

2 Likes

Have you by any chance acquired the size of the screw? Because I too have lost one of those screws and am planning to get a replacement at my nearest Home Depot. It was very unfortunate that I was one screw away from completion…

1 Like

I got mine today and lost one as well! I don’t have enough space for the wire nuts. Is there a way to directly connect it to the wires coming from the wall? I lost my screw while attempting to do this…

Any luck on figuring that size? Will be making a HD run tomorrow.

1 Like

@JackS posted this in another forum. He indicated they were M3’s.

In another Forum: Meet Mr Doorbell - #2 by Customer

Indeed they are M3’s. I I had to put one in a vice grip and take it to the grinding wheel to shorten it. Definitely a shortcoming in the doorbell design.

1 Like

If you have enough wire to connect to the terminals, then you don’t need to use the extention wires. I took the wires from my old doorbell and connected straight to the Wyze vdb. Using the wire nuts wouldn’t of fit in the space I had to work with.

1 Like

There is a bypass for the chime, but they also include ‘extension wires’ to hook to the doorbell if you do not have enough wire. It looks like he is following the directions properly

2 Likes

Yes, I went back and re-read everything and I agree. I deleted my previous comment.

I too was close to finishing the installation when I lost a screw. It would make sense for them to include 1 - 2 extra screws. It can’t cost them that much.

1 Like

[Mod Note]: All posts related to doorbell power terminal screws merged to this Wishlist topic for consistency in grouping posts in similar topics.

2 Likes