Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

Easy to steal then.

LiPO’s don’t leak or if they do then often = fire.

I have the feeling you’re imagining non rechargeable batteries whereas I believe the plan is to have some kind of rechargeable battery. That would usually NiMH these days or LiPo. LiPo or related chemistry is far more likely due to it’s greater capacity.

I have been reading through some of the comments. I didn’t see suggested power provision/charging system of an inexpensive Solar Cell (again I may have missed it). Lets use my favorite so far, the Wyze Cam Pan 1080p.

Solar charging is inexpensive and all you need is a decent battery, solar cell and regulator to regulate the voltage/Amps and a housing (simplified of course).

I would think something like…
*a solar charging cell,
*linked to a board with intelligent charging and regulation programmed in,
*linked to a plug in for the battery pack,
*then a leak proof replaceable battery pack, (in the upper part of the housing where a rechargeable flat battery can be placed)
*linked to an Mini USB Alt power port on the existing base
*linked the physical Cam Pan camera which has a large enough housing to put a small fan to move air.

This could all be accomplished using tech available. Housing could be just large enough to allow for some thermal dynamic airflow and the fan would keep it moving, shade of the actual camera body and room for wiring, a replaceable battery pack slot and components. Cost, once in mass production; would be minimal, Retail Price per unit could be around $50 (introductory and sale price $40 and $45) that would include the Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Camera, replaceable battery pack, solar cell(s), housing and a mounting bracket or two. Just a rough idea of course, you guy may have already thought of; if not are already ahead of he curve… LOL! :laughing:

I am excited about these cams. My only hope is that they can withstand the Arizona sun. I have 4 cans in my house and will be ordering 2 of the smart locks when available. I would really like to keep Wyze brand for all devices including outdoor cams. Like I said, not much can withstand the Arizona heat so I hope these will.

PLEASE ~~ have a POWERED outdoor camera option!!! Battery operated is a good OPTION… however having plug powered cameras would be a Great option!!!

1 Like

It been said repeatedly it will have both.

2 Likes

I have 2 1/2 cans in my house - although where I’m from we say “2 1/2 bathrooms.” Never thought about putting a smart lock on one of those doors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think they need an outdoor/weatherproof Wyze cam? :slight_smile:

Will the outdoor camera be designed for Minnesota, not just California? Besides needing it to be water proof, we have temperature swings from minus 30 to plus 120 degrees… Most “outdoor” cameras I got are only rated for 30-100 degrees and die prematurely.

Several people, including myself, have been using the existing indoor cameras outside. If they can take out I’m sure the outdoor version will.
I am in Eastern Canada. We get temperature fluctuations similar to you, along with high humidity.

The company is based in Seattle. Not quite California conditions :slight_smile:

1 Like

So much for having a outdoor camera “Out this Year”…LOL

Yeah, they updated users about this about a month ago.

4 Likes

Ok, so the outdoor model will have some annoying powersaving crud going on?
Nevermind then, ill just grab an indoor one and weatherproof it myself…
I’m not looking for some obscure hunter cam, I just wanna see what’s happening on my driveway…

Think about this, Wyze; If it doesn’t have access to power it probably doesn’t have access to wifi.

2 Likes

They’ve confirmed that it will come with a base station. Presumably that would always have access to WiFi and send wake signals to the cameras whenever you want to view them. And there’s an IR sensor so that it will turn itself on whenever it detects motion.

1 Like

And here I was, just hoping they would roll out a simple weatherproofed v2 to stick above my garage… I guess i’ll just fill all the gaps on a v2 with silicone and hope the Dutch weather won’t kill it… Its a risk, but it certainly beats having to deal with powersaving nonsense, replacing batteries all the time, and paying for an extra device…

Why make it so complicated, Wyze?

1 Like

A lot of people who are interested in outdoor cameras want battery power, since it’s often more difficult to plug in a camera outside without making modifications to the structure. Having said that, you do have the option to leave it plugged in so that you don’t need to worry about charging up the batteries.

2 Likes

It’s NOT complicated. It seems YOU want Wyze to develop a line of cameras for YOU. If all you need is

buy a V2 and an enclosure. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of V1, Pans and V2’s running as outdoor cams, I’ve 6 V2’s myself running outside and plan to deploy about another dozen, they give such a clearer picture.
And note if you

, including the holes on the back, it might overheat.

This is what I want. I want to power the cam and have battery as a backup. I am hoping i can have the same saving of all video like in the V2 as well.

truthfully a V2, weather proof, with battery, is a really good upgrade in itself.

2 Likes

Could you give a link to the wyze camera housing (that can withstand the rain) you’re using for outdoor use please? I’ve read through a lot of the comments on some posted on Amazon and most are not suited for rain. Please. Id appreciate it

1 Like