Outdoor plug, so many things going on...read below

I plugged it in and discovered it, no problems. However, I could not seem to control it manually. I tried to update the firmware numerous times but that failed. Resetting it didn’t help. At one point it said the wifi signal was weak, which I thought to be odd since I have a decent router and everything always connects at full strength. So, I located the outdoor plug within 6-7 feet of my router and it still returned the weak wifi message.

Any ideas about al this or do you think I should exchange it right away? I haven’t had any serious issues with any Wyze products until this plug, that’s why I’m asking for ideas in case I missed the obvious, lol.

Thanks and best regards,
Jim

What version of the Firmware do you have on the Outdoor plug?
Production Release: 1.2.0.206 Make sue the FW is up to date.

When you said resetting it, what do you mean? did you remove it from your app and went through the adding process again? If not I would try that as well.

Othewise, if was recently purchased you can contact Wyze, phone is the best way:

(206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

2 Likes

I tried 4 different WYZE Outdoor Plugs.
Numerous issues, connecting, staying connected, freezing with the firmware update, reporting weak wifi, had Tech Support on the line, step by step, installed a router monitoring app to check my connection, deleted - installed all many many times.

I have 10 cameras, a thermostat and 2 floor lamps, so I am not new to WYZE.

Yesterday I received another outdoor wifi plug from a different company and had it linked and programmed as expected in 10 minutes.

1 Like

I’m with you. I have many Wyze cameras and other devices from them that all work on my network with no issues. The Outdoor Plug is the only one that isn’t connecting to my network. I can find it, add it to the app, but it won’t ever get a solid blue light and find my network. Furthermore, you can’t control it manually either. This is my second one and it looks like I’m going back to the store to return it and look for another solution. :frowning:

If WYZE were providing support and help with a solution, I would have waited, but… so I chose:
[Kasa Smart Outdoor Smart Plug KP400, Smart Home Wi-Fi Outlet with 2 Sockets, Works with Alexa, Google Home &IFTTT, No Hub Required, Sunset & Sunrise Offset]