Bought two outdoor plugs last year after Christmas because I wanted scheduling of the outdoor Christmas lights.
Just set them up for this year’s christmas season and all went well. Went to upgrade firmware because it’s on 220.127.116.11 and noticed latest is 18.104.22.168. Wyze app on iOS is saying “Everything’ good, you’re upgraded”.
I’ve unplugged the plugs for 15 seconds and replugged them in. Didn’t work. Deleted them from the app and reconnected. Didn’t work.
I really want to use the “Time of Day” setting but it says I need to upgrade the firmware.
There appears to be an issue with normal firmware updates to the Outdoor Plug ATM. Here is info on how to get around that if you need to, but know the Time of Day feature is only to keep schedules running without an Internet connection. Just use a Rule with a start and stop time to set a schedule without the new firmware:
Are you doing the update from the individual plug or from the Update Firmware under Account. I have found that sometimes one will work while another does not. So try both methods.
Also what App version do you have?
I’m showing 22.214.171.124 on mine, but I’m a beta tester.
I seem to be having the same issue trying to get the update on 1 of the 2 outdoor plugs I bought last week.
When I had upgrade now it says everything is good to go, but still cannot set up the time of day feature on 1 unit.
Well welcome to the world of electronics, need to remember that wyze has no quility control…im guessing due to mass production,we have had a few items that were defective and once they get the device back they will be able to look at the lot number/production date and see what the issues are
Customer service and quality control are two separate things. I do agree there are customer support issues, that is why you will see me trying to get attention from Wyze on issues that seem to fall through and end up on the forum.
Have the exact same problem, but using Android. Bought two of them last year and only setup one once I got them. That one updated just fine. The one I tried setting up last week is on 126.96.36.199 and won’t update. Trying to use scheduling as well for Christmas lighting…
Got 4 new plugs and I’m having same issue with fmware upgrade, Currently stuck on ver188.8.131.52 that they came with. Opened a ticket w/Wyse support. Doug was very helpful but couldn’t resolve. Tried using Rules but my setup randomly fails to turn on or off a few of the plugs. I’m using 5 of the 8 available sockets. Even tried 2 rule setup, 1 to turn on, 1 to turn off.