Outdoor Cam not showing live video after recent wyze app update 3/18/22

Yes deleted everything and started out fresh. Same problem. It is the camera update

They are not charging to record live videos.

They are requiring a subscription (which has a free option) for cloud event storage.

You can record/download from the live view or record to SD as always, that part has not changed.

The events tab has always shown cloud recorded events. The events tab has never shown SD recordings.

SD recordings can be viewed by clicking View playback on the live view of the camera.

1 Like

+1 on removing the cameras from the group works. I have rules that apply to the group, but now will need to create new ones that apply to the camerasā€¦what a pain.

2 Likes

Updated to the latest WCO firmware today, 4.17.4.124. Still the same issue with cameras within a group not displaying live video. Removed the groups and they work fine again.

Same here. Update didnā€™t resolve the issue. Outside the group, it works fine.

I was meaning that the recorded events are no longer recorded they just give a picture unless you buy the cam plus subscription

You can subscribe to cam plus lite for free. You donā€™t have to buy anything.

Like others, I have found the new update has the feeds loading and working outside of a group, but once grouped, they wonā€™t load.

Wyze forum support and feedback is always excellent, first class really. But Iā€™ve had Wyze products from the first cameras, and the thing that will stop me buying any other products is the poor software performance. It has also stopped me recommending the brand to others. It has just meant constant fiddling and awaiting bug fixing, Some of the the earlier generation stuff was so unreliable too, and still annoys me dropping out constantly.

1 Like

Same issue here after the upgrade to new firmware, what a waste of time removing the base and cameras and adding back everything :), Outdoor cams removed them from the group and works fine now!!!

Same issue here. Started happening about noon on March 14, 2022. Not cool if we now need to pay to see our short videos! :nauseated_face:

You donā€™t have to pay, there is a free option.

I just have the one camera so Iā€™m guessing I donā€™t have a group.

I literally spent hours trying to figure out my camera group was not connecting all my cameras, the video signal would even show on the wrong camera after the update. I ended up deleting all but 1 camera for it to function. I even pay for Cam+. I discovered today when I started adding the cameraā€™s back, they would function normal again if not grouped together. The downside to this is, I cannot watch all cameras live on 1 screen. I also cannot use my Group rules.
I will be looking for a different camera system if this is not resolved soon.

Iā€™ve been paying for Cam+. That will not resolve the issue.

Removing from the group worked for me!! Thank you!! Now we need a real fix!

I also had the weirdness of the video showing as being from a different camera. I have 2 Outdoor models. Video from camera A was showing on camera B. The issue only occurred for a short time though and went away after closing the view and re-opening.

Anyone from Wyze support monitoring these threads? This major bug has been around several weeks now and doesnā€™t seem to be getting addressed in app updates.

Wyze folks, can you acknowledge this issue and provide some way to track it through to the fix?

I donā€™t think anyone from Wyze reads this forum. Itā€™s amazing that not even an official acknowledgment of the bug despite having been reported by many for a few weeks now. This has put a bad taste in the mouth and will certainly influence my purchase decisions in future.

I am still having this problem where I have 2 Outdoor cams and if they are grouped together in the app I simply cannot view the live feed. Stays stuck on step 3 and never connects. What gives Wyze? Please fix this bug soon!

Iā€™ve also wasted a lot of time trying to solve this. Iā€™ll try the un-grouping workaround this weekend but hoping Wyze fixes this soon.