Outdoor cam login issue

I can’t log in to my original account to use my outdoor cam because I don’t remember my password. I attempted a password reset and recieved an email with a reset code. The reset code worked but I have somehow turned on 2-step verification and no longer have access to the phone numbers I have for recovery. I’ve created a new account but am still unable to add my outdoor cam because the camera says it belongs to another account. I have called multiple times in the past 2-3 weeks with no resolution. I sent the Mac address as requested. Ticket #54360

1 Like

have you called support about changing the 2FA number on the back end? I don’t know if this is something Wyze is able to accomplish or not for security.

if I can get just a little more detail from you, what has support said about the 2FA issue?

im going to call some friends in, they might know something I dont with that one as I currently do not use it.
@Mavens anyone have any thoughts on this one using 2FA with a number you have changed? I dont use it with Wyze so I dont know the protocols for changing it in general let alone without the original number.

@gingergilliam assuming Wyze has 2FA setup like most companies ( where they text you a code and hopefully not a link), call your old number ( hope someone has the number assigned) when they pick up, explain that it is your old number and you are locked out of an account that is linked to that number. do the authentication reset ( which I believe will send a code to the old number) and have them give you the code. reset the number and reset the cam and live happily ever after hopefully? that’s the only thing I can think of if Wyze can’t change it on their back end.

Welcome @gingergilliam!

I’d suggest contacting Wyze Customer Support about this issue and see what they say. it may or may not be doable.
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

I called multiple times for the past 2 weeks. They put me on hold for 20ish minutes waiting for management to respond just to tell me they will get back to me. They haven’t. I guess I’ll take this one as a loss and lesson learned on writing down my password. Thanks for the replies!

Really? I have been on the phone with them many times and never had such an experience, I haven’t even heard of something like this, and it seems like something that would have been heard of by now on here. I’m sorry this happened to you. I’m going to see if I can’t bring some attention to this particular issue for you using your ticket number. I can’t guarantee anything, but this is definitely and outlier for Wyze and we would love to get this solved.

have you by chance tried to get a hold of the person that has your old number? ( my wildly worded possible solution at the bottom of my first post?) it’s on a limb, but maybe worth trying as well.

1 Like

Note: Once Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, the only way to modify it or turn it off is from within the Wyze app. For the purposes of security, Wyze and its employees are unable to make modifications to your Two-Factor Authentication settings on our end. This means that if you lose access to the phone number used for Two-Factor Authentication, you will need to create a new account.

1 Like

Bound to the Wyze Cam Outdoor

With the Wyze Cam Outdoor being outdoors, there’s a greater risk of a grab and run. In case this happens, once you set up your Base Station and camera, they’re officially bound to each other until manually deleted from the primary user’s account. This means that even if the Base Station or camera are stolen, they can’t be added to someone else’s account or used until the original user deletes it from theirs. ref link

1 Like

I think we are averaging one user per week in the forum who has been screwed over by two factor authentication.

Contrary to popular security advice, I think people should think a long time before enabling it. Sometimes the risks outweigh the benefits.

1 Like

Agree, tried it and backed out.

1 Like