Outdoor Cam Detection Zone Shaping

With the indoor cams, you can adjust the green detection zone grid. I noticed with the outdoor cam, you cannot. It is a static overlay, and I saw one user state that it was due to the sensor being a different type. Is it possible to change this to mimic the indoor cams? It would be really nice to be able to do that as if I manually push the camera down it will not monitor the entire area that I need to monitor, however but not being able to change the shape of the detection zone, I catch all the traffic from the road, which kills the battery very quickly. Thanks.

It is fixed due to the hardware on the camera. There is a pir sensor just below the lens that is aimed forward, just below the center of what the camera can see (the green box being the lower 2/3rds of the frame when in settings. To Re-aim the WCO detection zone you must physically nice the canera. The previous cameras have a “pixel change” detection which detects “motion” and is software based.

Welcome to the forums! Check out the search feature above and look for more topics about this as there are plenty.

2 Likes