Official Wyze V3 Window Mount is Live (just hidden at time of writing)

I will say that I have had a Wyze cam (first a V2 and now a V3) pointing through a double-paned window at an angle (not flush) and there is certainly some glare at night as mentioned by other posts, but it’s still clear enough to see. It is pretty good in the daytime too.

You definitely need to leave the IR off (I just use the porch light) or you will get a lot of glare/reflection.

If it’s okay through a double-paned window even when at an angle (not flush against it), then I’d assume it’s even better when flush like this, while blocking out the immediate glaring areas. I bet it works great if you can do flush, and if you leave the IR off.

You can see some examples of what mine looks like through double-paned windows even when at an angle by viewing the videos at the following posts:

Here is the most recent video embedded here for convenience:
(Top one is a Wyze V3 angled through a double-paned window in the daytime)

The V3 (and Eufy cam & V2) in those videos is through double-paned glass at an angle, and as you can see, it’s still viewable, so I imagine flush will be even better, especially at night…but as mentioned by BAM, it will still probably have some reflection because of the second pane, but you can still see things fairly well regardless, maybe not clearly across the street, but in my yard where I care about it, it’s okay.

4 Likes