Official word from Wyze on v1 not working any more?

Plugged in my V1 with 3.9.4.16 firmware and it is up and running.
Can view live feed, and can detect motion and sends notifications now.
So this firmware seems to do the trick.
Also I have unplugged this camera with no ill effects, so now i can transfer it to a more needed location.

3 Likes

From the way things appear, if it doesn’t connect but you can see a request made through the router when you’re trying to setup…the firmware roll probably wasn’t successful. Without a monitor on the device or successful connection to the app, there’s no way to tell. Further up in this thread when I said “about fell out of my chair” it was because I’d tried no fewer than 6 times consecutively to apply the firmware. It only takes 1 success to bring it back thankfully. Good luck!

Thx for input, but sine I can’t connect camera, I have no way of looking at Device Info.

Furthermore, and most frustrating is that 3.9.4.16 is not available, although WyzeJason said it was.

This is really frustrating.

Is there a way anyone could send me the 3.9.4.16 Firmware file?

Jack, check your pm’s

1 Like

https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v1/FIRMWARE_660R_F_3.9.4.16.zip

Looks like the old firmware is still available from wyze via above link but link on Release Notes & Firmware page has changed.

That said I’m still happy with how 3.9.4.35 is working on my v1 with Cam Plus Lite notifications and Sensor Bridge. I still have additional v1s to update when time and access permits.

1 Like

Thank you!

Once you download the firmware 3.9.4.16 do you have to rename it anything?
When I unzipped it the file name was “FIRMWARE_660R_F.bin”
Is that file name ok to keep and then download onto an micro SD card??
When someone is successful can you please post your findings.

Based on the wyze employee responses lately in this thread it appears the word has come down from wyze that this subject is to be ignored. It will not be fixed because there is no money to be made. Basically screw the users but (as always with wyze) dont say it, just make believe the problem doesn’t exist.

I think it is important to keep this thread alive so anyone who might consider entering the wyze eco system knows what awaits them. Think about a company that runs a contest to decide which software bugs to fix (then doesn’t fix them anyway), how bad is that.

3 Likes

I am not yet ignoring it, i just haven’t had anything new to share. I did get the download link to 3.9.4.16 fixed.

4 Likes

After months and months of a dead product I think that says it all

3 Likes

Same here with the original Wyze outdoor camera. :sleepy:

Hi, Wyze made a software update few months back such a way that you cannot replay the video of the events recorded and prompts to get the paid subscription. WTF is that. I bought this fricking device only because there was no need to have a paid monthly subscription. Now they are forcing it or else. It is time to spread this bad business tactics of Wyze to the world and stop people buying this crappy device. My 2 cents. Thanks.

1 Like

It’s amazing my 20 year old Linksys wvc54gca still detects motion as well as it did on day 1. But Wyze can’t get their cameras to work properly, why do you think that is?

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ you haven’t been here to say that wyze is working hard to fix this problem or are you acknowledging what we all knew long ago, that wyze simply doesn’t give a damn about it’s early adopters or any problem which doesn’t generate more revenue.

3 Likes

I am still around and I will check in with them again. I am just in here later as usual because I am watching multiple communities currently and I end up here late in the day.

5 Likes

The real question to ask is why wont wyze fix this. They know the problem (cams cant be removed from cam plus lite), they know the solution (allow cams to be removed from cam plus lite) yet they do nothing. So why?

1 Like

Dunno, but perhaps relatedly, the writing is on the wall for Lite. The new camera doesn’t “support” it at all.

1 Like

Seriously what are you working on. My wife camera doesn’t even show the video recorded. It is asking to take the monthly subscription. I didn’t sign up for that when I got the camera.
It is a bad business tactics. Wyze will go down.

Thank you
Vish

@WyzeJasonJ you know wyze is screwing v1 owners as well as anyone who doesn’t want to pay for cam plus. Even though wyze promised and still promises this service for free. After cam plus was created cam plus lite was added as a poorly thought out and terribly instituted function. Why not just admit it instead of saying “I will check in with them again” for months on end when you know wyze will do nothing about this problem. I guess as an employee now you have to maintain the wyze line even though you know better.