Notification per camera

I own mutiple wyze cameras and plan on purchasing more. So the feature I would love to see is individual notifications I have some I want to be notified of every movement sort of speak and others I don’t necessarily need to be notified about every movement. I love the person detection so I was thinking along the lines of that but the ability to receive notification from only selected cameras not all or none thank for your consideration and I live you cameras

1 Like

You can currently turn notifications on or off globally an/or per camera.

There are three places to control push notifications:

1. Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

2. Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications. This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

3. In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app. This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates. If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level. If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

You can also set up Shortcuts in the app to turn on/off these notifications with a button or on a triggered event. Click the Support link, top right, and look in the help for information on how to set up Shortcuts.

1 Like