Notification of status

Hi. I hope that someone can at least point me in a direction. I don’t know even where to start. I am IT for a science museum and am using Wyze plugs (like 30 of them) to control exhibits which most of the time works great. What I am trying to figure out is a way to be notified if one of the plugs is off line so I can correct it. Checking if one is on or off is fairly easy, but I haven’t been able to come up with a way to check if it isn’t responding. Does anyone have any ideas on an approach?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
elton

1 Like

One not responding would be a simple ping test.

One offline because Wyze servers are offline is tougher. That is super-rare in my experience.

One offline because the Internet is down is workable. Search for Internet Enabled IP Remote Power Switch with Reboot on Amazon to find some possible solutions there.

2 Likes

If you write a ping script then you’re also going to want to use DHCP reservation at the router so that the plugs retain known IP addresses.

By the way there are tons of free network management tools that can make the checking easier.

2 Likes

This should be added to the #wishlist
I am actually looking for a similar option and will be creating a new post today :slight_smile:

Found this Power outage detector