Notification not working when doorbell pressed

Pixel 5 - Doorbell button Notification NOT working
Android version: 13
Build Number: TP1A.221105.002
Wyze App version: 2.38.0.153
Doorbell (wired) firmware version: 4.25.1.314

Glad I came across this thread. Just purchased the doorbell without knowing this issue. Not a deal breaker but hopefully this issue gets resolved soon. Like many others, pressing doorbell doesn’t do anything here. VOIP works though.

Is there a ETA or any updates from dev?

Firmware version: 4.25.1.314
App Version: v2.38.0 (153)
Phone model: Samsung S22 Ultra
Android 13

[Wyze Ticket 2577652] We’re working on your request: Log ID 827428

1 Like

I submitted the ticket # to have Wyze take a look at it. Thx!

1 Like

Hello! so good news here. I was talking to one of the customer support agent and her instruction fixed my notification issue. Don’t just restart the doorbell, completely power it off! Now i’m able to get “someone is calling you at the door” notification without VOIP enabled.

1. Power cycle the doorbell. Flip the breaker switch that is powering the doorbell to the “off” position, wait 10 full seconds, flip the breaker switch back to the “on” position.

2. Reboot router.

Thanks Makie C and hope this works for you guys too!

4 Likes

I submitted this ongoing issue in this month’s Fix-it-Friday thread for you guys here:

2 Likes

That is awesome news! Hopefully that is all it will take. Will wait for some others to test this out and post back in results. Thanks for sharing that!

1 Like

Just installed my doorbell today. Same issue as others. Thanks for the thread.

1 Like

Does flipping the breaker power cycle the doorbell if the batteries are still in the unit?

How are the batteries removed?

I would take the batteries out

1 Like

Steps did not work for me

The steps DID work for me.

To confirm, turn off voip so it’s standard notification only. Turn off breaker, wait 10 seconds, then turn on breaker.

Reboot wireless router.

Wait for everything to connect again, then tried the doorbell and got the notification.

3 Likes

Steps did NOT work for me…

UPDATE:
Actually, I read on another topic that a new update to the wyze app was released recently (v2.38.1 (161)), i have just updated it and Notifications when doorbell button is pressed WORKS!!

I suggest that if you are still having this issue update to this new released version of the app and try again, if it still doesn’t work run that hard reset by cutting full power to the unit for over 10secs and restart router (maybe an overkill).

One less issue to worry about. Thank you all!

4 Likes

This thread and the notification issue mentioned are specific to the Original Wyze video doorbell, not the Wyze Doorbell Pro.

Oh! I’m having the same issue.

Just confirmed, working for me as well!

2 Likes

I also found that I have only 1 calling account. Before I had 2 ond one of them was wyze. I have wyze calling account on my tablet but not on my phone.

Pixel 6p
Samsung Tab 6s Lite

Both have the latest firmware.

The calling account that is set up on the phone\tablet is for the VOIP feature when it is enabled. The app adds a virtual SIM for the phone connection to be made so that it can make a P2P VOIP call to the phone over the internet rather than routing it thru your cellular SIM.

I know before when I enabled the VoIP I could see in the calling accounts on my phone. Since this no notification issue started I found out it is disappeared even VoIP enabled.