Not Continuing Cam Plus Lite is a bait and switch

I don’t do Beta either but smart focus works but currently it only works in Live view. Go walk in front of the cam with smart focus on and have the cam in live view. It works.

@p2788deal, thanks! I think I understand what you mean now: You don’t see a significant advantage to using a Cam v4 over a Cam v3. (I hope that’s correct.)

@p2788deal & @Antonius, I don’t blame either of you for not wanting to remove subscriptions just to test this, and you shouldn’t have to. Wyze should be explicit about their messaging.

I won’t, either, nor Night Vision Mode, because my Cam v4s will all be indoors facing out through windows. My oldest Wyze camera is a Cam Pan v3, and I’ve been very impressed with the Starlight Sensor and Color Night Vision from all of my Wyze cameras so far.

I see it in the production app, but so far I’m not seeing any evidence that it works even when the little inset box is green.

That has not been my experience at all. I saw it demonstrated in YouTube reviews of the Cam v4, and it looked interesting, but it’s not as important to me as on-board Person Detection has the potential to be. :man_shrugging:

I stand corrected, as noted in a later post. :point_down:

V3Pro is more fun. I can watch my front door with the app closed :rofl:
I think the V4 may get it also someday.

2 Likes

That’s not a feature I need right now, but I can definitely see the potential utility. That’s pretty dope.

Seriously? How? Or is this an iPhone thing? If true, I’ll replace my V3 with the unused V3 pro.

Yes

The How Part: Open the cam to live view tap the screen then tap the box I have put the yellow square around. You need to be very fast to tap it before it goes back to the regular view.

2 Likes

Mr. Chairman, I ask unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks….

I was starting to think that maybe access to this feature was limited to subscribers, as well, but I decided to toggle it off and back on and try it again.

So far I’ve set up only one of four Cam v4s I received yesterday, and it’s looking out a window into my backyard. The view captures part of a stairway coming down from a deck, and the stairway makes a 90° turn partway down. I watched the live view while I went down the steps and started across the yard, and I could see that the view was partially zoomed in on me as I was moving laterally with respect to the camera. Then I turned around, walked back across the camera’s view and began up the steps, all while still watching the live view. At this point when Smart Focus kicked in, it looked almost like it was following me up the steps and past the turn, and I had this mental moment where I thought: “Okay, but wait…this is a static camera.” In that instant, it almost seemed like I was watching myself with a Cam Pan v3 with Track Motion enabled.

That is some freaky cool :poo:!

I realize that the Smart Focus control—even in the production app—has a “BETA” label on it, so I wonder if it’s just a little glitchy and required the off/on toggle to reset something.

Anyway, I don’t know how useful that’s going to be to me, but still an unexpectedly cool feature. Now I’ll have to amend my previous post.

Thanks for the prompt to play with this some more, @Antonius!

1 Like

Yes I think sometimes the little window stops for a second while I am moving.

2 Likes

I’m not sure when this happened, but…

If I actually close the app, then that little window goes away with it. When I first tap the icon on the screen to get the little movable viewer window, the Wyze app minimizes, so as long as I just let it continue to run, the little viewer window remains visible.

If that’s already been there for a while, then I didn’t notice it until today. I had to reposition some Cam v4s, so I ended up opening the Live Stream for the first time (apparently) on my phone that has updated to the new v3.0 app (Android), and that prompted the tutorial, but I see that I also have this same Live Stream overlay icon and feature in the v2.5x app.

1 Like

Maybe it was in the July firmware for the V4 .0367 ? I see it there now, 2.50.9 iOS app.
If you tap on the two screen icon top right it will close but you will take you back to the live view. If you tap the X upper left it will close but then you have to go back to the WZYE app to close the live view is what I have found.

1 Like

I just checked a V4 and the feature is there. But it says, to dismiss, just drag the window to the bottom of the display.

Edit - the window was dismissed but I find the parent window was still active.

1 Like

That’s alright…you can’t anyway. If you have Unlimited all cameras get assigned to the license and you can’t remove them.