Not Continuing Cam Plus Lite is a bait and switch

I bit on the current sale and am returning to this topic because of my experience with my first Cam v4, which is prompting me to once again ask @WyzeMatt for clarification of his previous comments:

:point_up: Now I’m even more confused about what that was referring to than I was before.

Um…“the same” as what? When I initially read this response, my interpretation was that Cam v4 with Edge AI does on-device Person Detection and also generates “Person Detected” notifications…without a subscription. In my testing so far, this does not seem to be the case, despite Wyze’s messaging that indicates it should be, as I described in another topic.

Wyze’s own messaging about the Cam v4’s included features is mixed, to say the least. The Features section of the product page says that it has

Person Detection and more

With Cam Plus, you get unlimited video length storage and advanced AI detection.

and further down the page is this:

While every Wyze Cam has Motion Detection, our plans get you more detections such as Person, Pet, Package, and Vehicle detection.

Even on that single page my impression is that the communication about the Person Detection feature is unclear.

I still like the camera and plan to use it, but at this point I’m genuinely disappointed in Wyze’s inconsistent messaging about the camera’s features, and I feel misled about the availability of the Person Detection feature as described in various Wyze communications. I realize that they have other responsibilities, and I imagine that those have kept @WyzeJasonJ from recent Fix-It Friday updates, but I hope that @WyzeMatt and/or @WyzeJasonJ could provide a clear answer to this issue and then follow that by making sure other Wyze messaging (e.g., links to product and Support pages I’ve provided in my posts) is consistent.

2 Likes