None of my V2 CamPlus cams record over 12 seconds

So none of my six V2 cams and also my PanCam are working properly with my CamPlus subscriptions. They all reliably truncate video at the 12 to 14 second mark. The two V3 cams I have work fine. I have brought this up to tech support and followed their nonsense steps to resolve, which of course did nothing. My firmware is up to date etc. I asked them to take these camera’s back and give me a discount on cameras that actually work as advertised? Nope, not gonna do it. Instead I was informed that Wyze knows this is an known issue and they have no timeline to resolve it. I did get issued a $5 Wyze credit that really made me feel so much better…
Of course they are not going to support older products, this is not in line with the bottom line. Wyze has transformed into a company that has lost its way as it grew and lost focus with a slew of non-related products (like vacuum cleaners). Wyze also has lost any semblance of customer service. I was also not impressed when they pulled the plug on the independent door and motion sensors that we all bought and also made sure the V3 Cams do not support the bridge cards that run the sensors.

So I am at a crossroads right now as a customer. Should I throw out all my V2 cams and replace them with V3 cams only to have this same issue happen again? Not sure. It may be time to move on to the devil I don’t know. I am not a happy customer and Wyze could not give a damn how I feel (thanks for that $5).

Get your act together Wyze. Fix and support your products (that are barely 2 years old). Start supporting customers VS giving lip service. There are plenty of players in this game and you have managed to ratchet up your prices to the point where your prices are in line with everyone else.

I am ready to hit the road and I suspect other customers are as well. In case you did not catch my drift, I am pretty disgusted with the treatment I have received over these issues.

PS to the marketing division, it looks like none of these Cams are offered in black anymore. Does anyone at Wyze realize that most of these cams are used for security and surveillance and that the bright sparkling white camera, power supply, and cable stick out like a giant sore thumb?

2 Likes

@don.stevenson Sorry for the trouble. Could you please try to un-assign the cam plus license on your v2 and then re-assign it after 6s. If that doesn’t solve the issue, please power cycle the device and the Cam Plus event recording should be normal after that. Thanks.

3 Likes

Do yourself a favor and find an alternative company. My on-going experience:

Already did this, but will do it again. Reassign after 6s?? Please explain.

Thank You

[Mod Edit] Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

2 Likes

6 seconds, got it. Is there a reason this solution will work this time?

Thank You

[Mod Edit] Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.