No one can help me camera offline but it's not

Yeah, it’s frustrating, I know. Sometimes waiting is the best strategy - sometimes not.

I had just chosen NOT to take corrective action (by reflashing firmware) and the dam thing fixed itself. It’s rare that a reward comes that quickly. :slight_smile:

Only you can decide if you wanna get proactive, climb and pull a camera that may be mounted high, experiment with flashing production firmware, etc.

I’m not a beta tester because it seems to me the definition of looking for trouble. But I understand there are plenty who thrive on the challenge. They hasten the fixes so more power to 'em.

There’s probably a best method to back out of beta (with respect to the hardware/firmware.) Maybe someone familiar will point you to it if that appeals?

Cheers. -peep

I sure see alot of people having issues with firmware updates and other issues, we currently manage over 87 wyze cams some belong to us the others are customers that we have on maintanice contracts and on Wednesday we had a meeting with our site technicians and ask them if we have had any service requests in the past 60 days for wyze cameras. The response was yes 2 calls and both had to do with customers that got logged out of the wyze app and had known clue what there password was…I also asked our technicians about firmware updates and they said no issues at all.All of the customers are useing wireless outdoor battery camera with solar panels, and inside/outside the V3 and a dew of the new PTZ version 2 we have notice alot of customers want that model,we asked them why and most of them said the low light,and the auto tracking mode that the PTZ offers and the low price…well hope all had a great turkey day and a safe weekend…

Cheers, K, a good weekend to you, too… :slight_smile:

Please DM @WyzeBaohua with the hardware address of any cameras that show as offline so they can investigate.

1 Like

I’ve a V3 (F/W 4.36.7.22) that’s showing offline/online. It’s about 20’ up outside and difficult to get to.
The MAC address is xxxxxxxxxxxx
I can view it, take snapshots, view playback on sd card. If I open the group it is in it shows the last “live” scene before I closed the group. If I open the individual camera to view and close it does not update the scene in the group view.

Big problems are - can’t update firmware, can’t add to Cam Plus.
Sent a msg to @WyzeBaohua ,
Anybody else getting a fix?
/edit it had seemed to work fine for a month or so.

Thank you so much for DM me. We are in progress solving this issue and we have identified the root cause. The plan is to solve it in the app v2.28 release. Thank you very much.

6 Likes

Following. Same issue with v3 floodlight.

Me also. Floodlight still works, but the V3 camera shows offline. It won’t reconnect. I have restarted modem and router and flipped breaker off to that circuit.

Good luck. Mine are still showing offline, even though they’re not when you click on them. Which sucks because it doesn’t give me event notifications,nor can I update the firmware. Pretty much pointless cameras. Which is a shame cuz I’ve been with wyze since version one came out. Sadly though this next month I’m cutting ties as none of my issues have been resolved or even given a solution. Everything any one has suggested I’ve tried and it does absolutely nothing. Google nest or ring here I come. Maybe Arlo not sure. I tried blink when they first came out, terrible. Bummer because I’ve backed almost all wyzes products you would think they would [Mod Edit] about losing long time customer but they’ve grown to be like Google and Amazon and other big customers where losing one upset customer dosent mean anything to them.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Sure glade i font have issues, one 1 issue last year V3 doa out of the box thats it

Yes we know. You’re system runs flawlessly. Congratulations :tada:. Now if they could get all customers the same quality service we’d be on to something.

Well thanks,its not them…all of the system that we deployed for homeowners have no issues, so with that said,maybe you have a few cams that are showing components that are failing…the others are useing V3,wireless outdoor cameras

I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. The only cameras having issues are my v3 all three of them my two outdoor cameras work … For the most part. You say it’s not them but multiple people have said they have the same issue. So if its not wyze it’s the wyze product or service either way it is them. In fact I believe one of the comments in this thread was a wyze employee who specifically stated they were aware of the issue and planned to have a fix by the next update.

Interesting, whats the issue with the V3?

Yeah actually

And here we are I’m running app version 2.28.0 and the problem still remains…

So if it’s not wyze I ask you who is it?

What this whole thread has been about it says they are offline but they’re not. You can’t update firmware etc

1 Like

This is a known problem with multiple devices ATM (V2, V3, 2021 Plug), and I have not heard of a fix yet. Hopefully one is coming soon. It does not affect everyone.

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please submit a log from that offline V3? We can check it’s IoT offline reason. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Brockley1 having trouble with V3 Cam offline:

Here’s what I just did and it fixed my offline issue that had been happening for about 5 days now (including not being able to upgrade, which it now has upgraded to 4.36.8.32)

Even though is said ‘Offline’, I could click on the camera and view (realtime) video… (cars/trucks passing by); Butt! The time stamp was not updating.
I clicked on ‘View Playback’ and went back about 2 minutes clicking on the ‘30seconds backward’ button. It backed up but was still not showing the time stamp going forward. So I ‘dragged’ the time back about an hour and waited for the clock to sync up to the time and it started forward and the time stamp was now running. I hit the ‘30seconds forward’ button a couple of times, and the viewback timestamp continued to roll forward correctly. I clicked on ‘View Live Stream’ and everything was back to normal. When I clicked on the top left arrow button to go back; it still said ‘Offline’… (I have this camera grouped with others)… I went back again to the main ‘Home’ page, then clicked on the Camera Group again… Voila! No more ‘Offline’ display!

Don’t know if this was just some magic, or if it’ll work for others… Let Us Know!

I had issues like this at one time too. I updated my internet speed and purchased a new router and I have not had any problems since. Same thing happened with my parents and after installing a new wireless router and not using the one the cable company rented to them, their cameras no longer go offline at random times. I think part of the issue is that with the cameras and all other wireless devices, older routers just don’t have enough bandwidth to keep up with everything, so they prioritize by giving more bandwidth to the more active wireless devices.