No Longer Recording to SD Card

So anyone get this taking care of yet? I had a major accident in front of my house and couldn’t show the cops my footage cause it was not there! If this isn’t fixed I’m gonna contact my lawyer. This is so messed up we pay for these to help us and when we need them they don’t work cause of a update. BS!!!

I am collecting some info on similar issues. If you still have this issue not solved, can you check something for me? When you format the card in camera, check the “SD card memory available” before and after formatting. Before formatting, do you have a low number (eg. 1.x GB) available out of 29.x GB? The camera may report “formatting complete” but afterwards, it still says 1.x GB available. If the formatting was really successful, it should show 29.x/29.x available (IOW, the card is empty).

If you are seeing the same low available space number after formatting, then I believe your card is damaged and will not be able to be formatted even on a computer. If you want, you can remove the card and try to format it using the tool here:

SD Assoiciation

SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

The SD Memory Card Formatter formats SD Memory Card, SDHCMemory Card and SDXC Memory Card (respectively SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards) complying with the SD File System Specification created by the SD Association (SDA).

I think you will find it report errors and fail to format. In this state, you can copy off what’s still on the card, but cannot format the card or write new data to it.

Let me know if this is what you’re seeing. This is what I’m trying to track down.

I bought a Wyze card from Amazon about 2 months back. I have not been able to get ANY recordings on it. “View playback” always produces “No video at the selected time”. I suppose I could have sent it back to Amazon but I have many other things to address in life. After reading your post, I formatted the card today and it reports “1.83GB/1.86GB” Local recording to micro so card is switched off when I format. I’ve already restarted the camera with same results. Restarted the router, same results. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You might want to try doing a long format of the card with the tool below. If it still reports only 1.83GB, then I would conclude that the card is bad.

Official SD card formatter from the SD Card Association:

1 Like

Thank you -I will try that.

Weird. Your formatter utility reads the memory card is 30.1 GB and yet after formatting (quick format and full format - tried both), the card reads as before 1.83 GB / 1.86 GB total space. Firmware v 4.9.3.64. Could this be a bad camera?

Yes, it might be a bad camera. You might want to try flashing the firmware but since that requires an SD card, it might not work. Other than that, all I can suggest is to file a support request.

I’m having the same issues. Reformat and shows 29/29. I have the SanDisk ultra. I only have those because my Wyze SD cards stopped working too

29 GB is about right for a 32 GB card. The formatting takes up some of the 32 GB.

You do have “Local recording to micro SD Card” set to on, right? (Settings>Advanced>Local Storage)

1 Like

Reading through the forums someone said to reformat, so I did on all of them and that fixed all three. I guess I just need to check them on occasion. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

If anyone has a problem about no SD card issue, check that your Wyze V2 is eligible for replacement .
https://replacement.wyzecam.com/

I realize this is an old post but I just ran into this same problem with Sandisk Ultra on a new v2. Support had no knowledge of this and did not understand my problem. What 32G cards will work with the v2? Thank you

Ps. Amazon recommended the Sandisk Ultra for the v2 which is why I ordered it.

@Hemi Highly recommended 32 GB High Endurance mSD cards work great in the Wyze cams.

Amazon recommended the Sandisk Ultra for the v2 which is why I ordered it.

Edit: I’m actually using a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra in one of my V2 cams and it has been working just fine for 10 months.

Thank you :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

I eventually bought the Wyze SD card and it works well. Same price.

1 Like

I flashed firmware to the previous version 4.9.5.36 and the events and continuous recording are now working with the Sandisk Ultra. My other v2 is working fine with the latest version 4.9.5.98.

1 Like

Same here, makes me REALLY mad! as I have a camera in my bedroom, and saw my uncle snooping around… while I was at work!!! and can’t see the whole video!

As of 3/14/2022, my Wyze cams no longer record video to the SD cards. They only take still pictures. However, I do get videos from the only (3) cameras that subscribe to the Cloud Plus service. Is Wyze implementing a new Pay-to-Play policy or is this a firmware bug?

The same happened to me too!!!
I recently discovered some things were stolen from my place. and I have F***G videos to check how it happened!!! All my cameras are not recording the last 2 weeks or so to the memory cards. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

It is very frustrating!!!