No auto lock/unlock via schedule?

I was really hoping that there would be a function where the lock would unlock during the day and lock at night…for example, automatically lock at 9pm and automatically unlock at 7am. I was surprised to see that they don’t offer this functionality. Am I missing something?

HI @rherteux. I believe you should be able to do that with Rules. Something like this lock-at-midnight example:

1 Like

Hadn’t thought of that…I’ll check into it. Thanks!

1 Like

I used themdg’s suggestion and it worked great.
My locks now lock at a certain time each night.
The only down side I see is it would be better if the Rules had a IF Then type function.
Like checking that the door is in the closed position before initiating the rule.
Like:
Time = 9PM
If Door is in closed potions
Then Lock door
If Door is open position
Then send push notification/sound alarm/etc…
end

But other than that the rule works great to lock the door at a certain time.
I agree with another post however that a GeoFence Auto-Lock Function would be REALLY NICE!

1 Like

and where do I go in the app to create rules? Im not finding this.

Main screen
Click the PLUS in upper right.
Add Rule

Thanks. I just needed to close and re-open the app right after set up and this appeared.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.