New Wyze notification sound went away (was: "Notification Sound Changed")

@epnh

I loaded 2.41.5 and am now experiencing notification issues when you select Wyze Sound in the Notification Area of the app. Here is what I noticed:

Once Wyze provided there own sound, the App Settings Notifications has two categories which are the same name “WyzeMessage” as shown below:

What I noticed is if you do not enable Audible on both, You will not get an audible notification. Here is how I have mine set:

I am providing the following App Log: 1022276

In the past, I was never sure which one to set, so I set both. Today, I did not and noticed no Notification, but only when you selected the Wyze Sound in the App.

1 Like

@spamoni @epnh @R.Good Thanks for reporting this. We just do some tests here and mine Samsung S10 with 2.41.5 was doing exact same issue. Then I uninstall and reinstall. Now it go back to normal.

Could you please give it a try and let me know if that works? Thanks!

6 Likes

I did it on my Pixel 6, and the sound does work, but the Wyze App Sound is not available as both Categories for WyzeMessage says Default Sound

2 Likes

Uninstalled and reinstalled, now “Default Sound” and “Wyze Sound” both produce only the default chime. The new Wyse sound doesn’t work at all.

I can go to Android Settings and change the “default” sound for Wyze to something different from all the other sound-producing apps, so that satisfies the need to make Wyze produce a distinctive sound… just not the distinctive Wyze sound.

2 Likes

Uninstall and reinstall resolved this issue for me on the Pixel 6.

2 Likes

Deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed the issue on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My issue is worse, it is my text notification sound. Talk about confusion! Log number 1023514

A post was merged into an existing topic: View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Dear wyze wizard, May your wand be full of magic. I also wish for the previous NEW wyze sound to return. Here is my log#1044653 and my ticket #3030307 as well.

Did you get any resolution yet? I have the same struggles as tour original post

@reginalawton76, some questions for clarification…

Do you want the new Wyze Provided sound that was introduced in the most recent app update or do you want the sound back that you had from your Android device prior to the App Update?

What settings do you have selected in Account → Notifications → Push Notifications → Sounds?

Have you previously customized the Wyze App Push Notification Sounds in your Android OS Settings?

1 Like

Thank you @SlabSlayer
1- i would like the Wyze sound that was in a previous update. I had it the week of April 23
2-the setting for push notifications are set to wyze sound
3- i have not customized as i was happy with the new wyze sound, then it just stopped and defaulted to the sound of the last 4 years

Interesting that it reverted back to the Android System Default without being changed in the Android System Settings.

I don’t use the Wyze Sound as I have turned off all Android System Settings Sounds for Wyze Notifications and use a 3rd party App to assign a sound to each cam and notification AI type.

The only way I know of to possibly reinitiate the Wyze provided sound is to delete the app and reinstall it. But, if the Android System Settings have been changed previously, this may not bring it back. Whenever I delete and reinstall, the Android system Settings keeps my notification sounds as “None” which I previously set.

Have you tried toggling to the Android setting then back to Wyze?