New Hub & Sensors Won't Pair

After much drama just getting my Monitoring order delivered to the house, it finally arrived today.

I ordered the hub, window/door sensors, motion sensor, and keypad.

None of the sensors. I repeat, none of them will pair to the hub. I’ve updated its firmware, followed instructions, heard ‘waiting to connect’ prompt a billion times, switched networks, everything. I was such an advocate for WYZE after having their cameras for so long, but THIS monitoring situation makes me feel like a horrible person for recommending WYZE to so many people…

Why won’t anything connect to the hub so I can get this stuff setup and this frustration over with?!

@litlsi , all I can say is good luck and be patient. I have the HMS and have for some time now. They JUST did a firmware update to the HMS YESTERDAY and there are some things that are wonky with the new firmware. Much to read in the HMS Firmware Update topic. The techs are working the issues. This may well be what the issue is, but that is only a SWAG. My only suggestion is to change the battery in one and see if that will help after pressing the reset and then connecting. I had to do that with 2 motion detectors to re-register them on the HMS.

I appreciate the reply. I swapped out the batteries in the keypad and tried again. No go. The keypad just makes a couple of loud noises, the home button flashes a few times and nothing ever connects. It just hangs at ‘Connecting’ on the app until it times out…

It’s so frustrating to purchase things that simply don’t work out of the box. I am both happy and sad that I didn’t already cancel my Guardian Protection contract for the house.

I believe the latest firmware has a bug preventing sensors from connecting to the hub. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for Wyze to fix it since you can’t install any previous firmware versions.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. The sad news is that I only updated the firmware BECAUSE the sensors would not connect/pair to begin with. I’ll just get a refund, I suppose. Not much else to do.

You can wait, but there is no definitive time frame for a fix.

You should definitely submit a tech support ticket with a log from the Hub. Perhaps a call too. The forums are more group help from users and not tech support. Wyze rarely monitors or participates in discussions unless they initiate the topic. The firmware update is creating havoc for many existing customers as well.

I’ve got back and forthe with the Support team. I manage CS / Tech teams and projects as a profession. The team that I’ve interacted with have been great. It’s the product that’s the problem. That, combined with the multiple day response time from the support team has me feeling like I’ve not only wasted my money, but also my time. Just one of those dissatisfaction things. I came here to see if there was some tribal knowledge within the community that may be the silver bullet. Alas, I’m not alone. There’s clearly a problem. Granted, I had the same problem BEFORE the firmware update too. Maybe I’ll give them another shot down the road… Thanks again for the replies and the sanity checking along the way!

Hi litlsi,

This is Lee from Wyze, I am on the engineering team for our Wyze Hub product. We’re very interested in the issues you’re seeing. We have not seen this issue in our internal testing prior to releasing this FW version. Without having more data, please bear with me as I check a few points with you.

1. Is the hub on FW version 4.32.8.213? Wyze app => Home tab => Wyze Sense Hub => Settings (Gear on top right) => Device Info => Firmware Version
  2. In the same hub settings page above, is the Hub connected to the internet properly? IP address, WiFi network looks right? If something is not right, pleas try to reboot the hub via holding the reset button for 10seconds or so, until the 3 LED on the hub flashes in sequence. The Hub should come back online in about 30~60seconds.
  3. Did the LED light on the sensors flash when we try to pair with the hub?
  4. Did we update the hub Firmware before we tried pairing the sensors?
  5. Did the keypad pairing work on the hub?
  6. Did any of the sensors pair successfully?
  7. Have you submitted a device log? We would love to be able to dig into your symptoms and see if there is an edge case we missed. To do so, please:
    7a. Try to sensor 1 more time
    7b. From the hub settings page where you clicked “device Info”, instead of “Device Info”, hit “Wyze Support” instead => Submit a Log => Connectivity Issues . type in a description of your symptoms, and hit Submit. It’d be great if you can reply here and paste the Log ID number (6 digit number) the app gave you, and we’ll get started.
  1. Is the hub on FW version 4.32.8.213? Wyze app => Home tab => Wyze Sense Hub => Settings (Gear on top right) => Device Info => Firmware Version

• Confirmed I’m running on firmware 4.32.8.213
  2. In the same hub settings page above, is the Hub connected to the internet properly? IP address, WiFi network looks right? If something is not right, pleas try to reboot the hub via holding the reset button for 10seconds or so, until the 3 LED on the hub flashes in sequence. The Hub should come back online in about 30~60seconds.

• I initially tried to pair sensor with the hub connected via ethernet. the Hub will not connect to wifi. I have tried to reboot the hub using the directions above. Still not able to pair a sensor.
  3. Did the LED light on the sensors flash when we try to pair with the hub?

• yes the LED light on the sensors flashed and the hub was repeating “ready to connect”
  1. Did we update the hub Firmware before we tried pairing the sensors?

• I tried to pair before and after the firmware update
  2. Did the keypad pairing work on the hub?

• I do not have a keypad
  3. Did any of the sensors pair successfully?

• none of the sensors will pair. I have leak sensors and entry sensor v2
  4. Have you submitted a device log? We would love to be able to dig into your symptoms and see if there is an edge case we missed. To do so, please:

• log submitted Log ID 498420

7a. Try to sensor 1 more time

• done

7b. From the hub settings page where you clicked “device Info”, instead of “Device Info”, hit “Wyze Support” instead => Submit a Log => Connectivity Issues . type in a description of your symptoms, and hit Submit. It’d be great if you can reply here and paste the Log ID number (6 digit number) the app gave you, and we’ll get started.
— log submitted Log ID 498420

I too am having the same problem. Over an hour on the phone with support, to no avail. Submitted a ticket through the app and submitted the log. My circumstances are exactly the same as described by the original poster and the follow-up comments. However, my firmware is 4.32.9.264. None of the devices will connect, neither entry sensors, the motion sensor, nor the keypad. Here is my log number for reference if you need another example. 695962 I’ve tried moving the hub to a different part of the house, tried setting it next to the router, even tried hard wiring it to my router. No luck on any devices.

Welcome to the User Community Forum @alien.jr!

Is this hub a new install? Did the hub go through a firmware update to get to 4.32.9.264?

Is the hub showing online in the app?

Have you done a soft reset?: Hold down on the reset button until the lights flash. Then allow it to go through it’s login process until it gives you 3 solid lights. Might take a bit.

Yeah, went through an update twice to get latest firmware. Already did the soft reboot…three times so far. If the op ever got this solved, great. Otherwise they should look at both of our tickets and see if there is a likely link to the two…as our attempts at a fix both failed. Also, hub is online…tried wireless and wired. Agent tried their new app to validate the hub being online. It’s why we tried validating using 2.4 as well as wired.

Is this a new install or a FW upgrade to an existing hub that already had sensors previously installed?

“My circumstances are exactly the same as described by the original poster” Bought new, arrived Friday.

Since it is new and you have successfully done the FW update and no sensors have been installed yet, it won’t hurt to do a hard reset and start over.

There is no way to loose the firmware once it is on the hub so it will reboot with the newest version already on it.

One of the issues in the past was that it failed to add sensors if the setup in the monitoring tab had not been successfully completed. Check the Monitoring tab → Home Monitoring Settings to see if the HMS subscription setup is hanging up somewhere or hasn’t completed. Verify that all the settings there are right. If it hangs up during the subscription setup, it seems to get cranky.

If you don’t find anything there to get it going, do the hard reset:

1. Delete the Hub from the device list in the app.
  2. Unplug the unit so it is on battery.
  3. Hold the reset button for a minimum of 12s until it reboots.
  4. When it starts to reboot, plug it back in.
  5. When it reboots, allow it to fully get it’s bearings before reinstalling while connected to ethernet. This can take some time. Wait it out for at least 5 minutes.
  6. Install the hub from the new device menu in the home screen.

I will do a deep dive in the forum to find the HMS subscription setup issue and try to pinpoint where that was happening.

Report back progress and we will go from there if we need to find a bigger hammer. :hammer:

I’ve done a reboot. I’ve even let it run on battery until the battery died and tried again. I’ve reset it plugged in, reset it while unplugged, let it go unplugged until it was dead, plugged it in and tried again. Each time, deleting it from the app and reconnecting. I’ve done the subscription and retried several times using the same as I just described. Canceled the subscription and repeated Again as described above. I’ve rebooted, deleted, restarted, re-added, and retried so many times I have it completely memorized and can actually do countdowns in my head of when it will tell me the process of adding a sensor has failed. The hub just does not connect to any sensors. Everything else sets up easily. Wired directly to the router, or wifi, makes no difference. Hub location makes no difference. (I’ve done this whole process in every room in my house) Plugged in or battery makes no difference. Right now, it’s setting on my kitchen table, battery drained…again…hoping they will just send me a new hub and see if that is the issue. Either the hub is bad, or all 4 accessories are bad.

I doubt that the 4 sensors are bad. Low battery perhaps, but unlikely.

The more likely issue is that the unit is in fact defective and the RF transceiver is not operating.

My next step yould be to get a replacement kit. If you purchased it from Wyze, contact Customer Support and request a replacement be shipped.

If you bought it retail, return it for exchange from where you bought it.

Recommend you do not update the FW until after it is installed with sensors… Unless it doesn’t give you that option.

Just returned it to Amazon, asking for a replacement for defective item. Hopefully, this one will work. No updating, set it far away from everything except the router (just in case of interference or something) and try again. I’ll update here tomorrow after it arrives.

1 Like

Update Got the new device about an hour ago. Took a total of maybe 25 minutes to set it up (including getting the firmware upon completion and the monitoring). Works perfectly. I definitely got a dud the first time around. Quick setup since I had all the steps memorized, lol. I just wish the support team would have just said, “yup, got a dud. let me get you a replacement.” and been done with it.

1 Like