Need help with flashing firmware!

I received sdcard. Downloaded .40 version to it.
Inserted it into powered off camera. This is where I got confused…
Here are instructions:

1. Download a specific version of firmware, unzip it, put it on root directory of your SD card and rename it to ‘demo.bin’
  2. Power off your camera, insert your SD card
  3. Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds
  4. Once the light is solid blue, release the button and wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
  5. After it is done, your camera should be functioning with original setup. No need to re-setup your camera! instructions…
    Step 3 says to hold button for 3-6 seconds
    Then step 4 says to wait for light to turn blue and release button…when exactly am I suppose to release button???

Hmmm, this should be probably read:

1. Download a specific version of firmware, unzip it, put it on root directory of your SD card and rename it to ‘demo.bin’
  2. Power off your camera, insert your SD card
  3. Hold the setup button, plug in your USB cable, keep holding the setup button for 3-6 seconds until the light is solid blue, then release the button.
  4. Wait for 3-4 minutes. The camera will reboot and change light status during this time.
  5. After it is done, your camera should be functioning with original setup. No need to re-setup your camera! instructions…
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll share this with the team. The time given is intended as an estimate for how long the light turning solid blue should take but I can see where that’s not clear.

1 Like

I’m confused as well. Steps 1 and 2 were straightforward. The file in the root directory of the microSD card is demo.bin. Unplugged the usb cable from the camera, and inserted the microSD card.

Step 3 didn’t work for me, I pressed the setup button, and held it while plugging the usb cable back to the camera. The light never turned blue. Well, after about 10 seconds there was a single flash of blue, then flashing yellow.

What can I try next?