My first impressions on the Wyze Cordless Vacuum

Recently I have purchased Wyze’s new cordless vacuum. Ever since this product was announced, i’ve been dying to try it out. After a few months, I finally got the chance to purchase it. Heres some of my thoughts on the product so far.

If anyone has any questions or want me to try something out, let me know!

Quality
The quality of the product is really good for the price. Its very sturdy with no loose parts at all. All the accessories click in place with no problems.

Suction
The suction of this vacuum is WAY better than I thought. On high, the suction is pretty powerful and cleans up heavier objects with no problem. On medium, the vacuum can overall suck up everything I need it too. On the low setting, I found it to not be very helpful. The medium setting is what i’ve been using the most.

On hard floors, the vacuum has no problem moving and picking things up, but on carpets, the vacuum struggles A LOT. Even on the lowest carpet, I struggle to move the vacuum around. On medium/higher carpets, the vacuum is almost impossible to move. The vacuum also has a whistle sound when moving around on carpets which gets annoying at times.

Battery Life
In short, the battery lasts long enough for quick sessions, but for longer sessions, you’re definitely gonna need to purchase an additional battery. Putting the vacuum on low to save battery life is not worth it, and I only recommend the higher setting for REALLY difficult small spots to clean. The setting will drain the battery very fast.

Accessories
The accessories included are all very useful. The charging dock is okay, its not the best, but its not the worst. Having to plug in the vacuum kinda sucks, but after awhile its not that big of a deal. The lights on the vacuum head are really useful, I just wish there was an option to turn it off when I don’t need them.

Other Comments
When using the vacuum, it produces a strong plastic smell. So far it hasn’t gone away. I personally don’t mind it as it has a “new” kind of smell to it, but if you’re sensitive to certain smells, this vacuum might not be the best for you.

Emptying the vacuum is easy, although there have been lots of complaints of a gasket ring falling out, so I do not recommend slamming the bin door against anything so it wont fall off and get lost. This problem hasn’t happened to me “yet”.

Conclusion
Overall, I have been really enjoying the new Wyze Cordless vacuum. If you cannot afford a Dyson vacuum, I personally think this is the best option out there. Its cheap, does most jobs, looks really nice, and is built really sturdy with nice materials. If you can afford a Dyson vacuum, this product is not for you. The Dyson Vacuums are easily better in suction and build quality. But for people who can’t throw hundreds of dollars on a vacuum, the Wyze Cordless vacuum is the best option out there. If you have a house with ALL carpets, I do not recommend this vacuum to you at all.

Suggestions for Wyze
If Wyze improved the vacuum head to offer a little more space between the ground, it would DRAMATICALLY improve the product. I also really hope Wyze will offer a soft roller vacuum head accessory in the future as well.

1 Like

Great

The plastic smell is very strong. What’s with this and will it go away after time? Basically the only downfall (for the price), but it’s a big one for me.

Its been awhile now but the plastic smell has actually slowly gotten less strong, and over time im assuming it’ll be completely gone after several uses! In the beginning though its pretty potent, but if you can handle it until it goes away than you’ll be good.

1 Like

UPDATE:

The battery for the vacuum has actually gotten better after several uses now. Im not too sure if I just got lucky, or if I gotten used to the battery time, but I was able to fully vacuum 2 LARGE rooms with about 20% battery life left which is a huge improvement!

The potent plastic smell from the vacuum has also slowly gotten less noticeable over time. I can barely smell now which is a good thing.

1 Like

I agree, i returned my vacuum for this reason, would not even pickup a small piece of dogfood on the ground. also the bottom dirt emtpy compartment would open on its own dumping contents onto ground. battery life sucks, and the angle when trying to vacuum und a couch lifts the head off the floor . Wyze certainly has not put the time and research into perfecting many of there other products like they have their cameras, the cameras are well designed, everything else needs more fine tuning.