Moving to new residence process

Hello all, I’m moving to a new residence, what is the recommended process / procedure / order to move cam, pan cam, sense/sensors, bulbs.

I have several other HA bulbs, switches, sensors, etc. My thinking, to make this transition as seamless and simple as I can, keep as much as I can the same. I plan on the following process:

1. Modem up
  2. Router up
  3. Other hubs(SmartThings, hue, etc) one at a time, then each device attached to each hub

Is there a proper shutdown/startup process for wyze sense/sensors and cams. Thinking unplug, replug?

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for help

Assuming you use the same SSID on the 2.4 GHz band on your router when you move, Wyze devices should communicate as before. But, if you change the 2.4 GHz SSID you’ll probably need to delete and then reinstall all the Wyze devices.

1 Like

just for the process" of the Wyze cameras, turn off the cameras in the app, then you can unplug them. this will complete any read write cycles and stop any possible errors that might be caused buy a hard shut down like unplugging by itself.

when you get to the new location, plug them in and you’ll be golden.

Thanks for the suggestions on ssid and shutdown, hopefully all will go smoothly. I’ll report back when move is completed.

1 Like