Mounting inside parked automobile to nab vandles

I’m about to buy another WC and mount it in my Jeep. I plan to power it from the main battery via the console USB. Has this been done?

The intent is to catch the hooligans draining the nitrogen from my tires at night.

J

1 Like

I’ve not heard of this but I would think it would work.

Wifi and power… thats the two magic words. If you have power and your home wifi you don’t have to do anything.
Outside your home network you’d have to reconfigure it to the network where ever you are.
Theoretically you could connect it to your hotspot on your phone if it was 2.4 and not 5…
Goodluck

1 Like

I reckon you’d have to make sure the usb remains powered then the ignition is off, or could be some timer turns it off later.

1 Like

I’ve been using a v2 as a dashcam and parking lot monitor for well over a year, pretty much the same thing, works great

wyze dash cam.

Is there a black market for used nitrogen? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had a V2 in my pickup for a long time. I have it plugged into a cigarette lighter outlet adapter to USB. Works well.

1 Like

With a 2.1mm Lens

1 Like

I have used a V2 in my car several times. My car doesn’t have a power port that’s active when the ignition is off, so I used a solar/ battery brick for power. At home I can reach my home Wifi, on the road it’s LTE. .

3 Likes

Dude that is cool.

1 Like