Motions sensitivity is too sensitive with new update on Wyze camera

This
last update is a major disaster. Wyze needs to send out a firmware rollback.

Every outdoor facing camera (I have 9) alerts every five minutes rendering them useless.

Come on, Wyze. You can roll out a vacuum, sprinkler, watch, and assorted other products, but you can’t roll out an update that works.

Stop trying to fix this recent update. Give me back the previous update that worked and stop using Wyze camera users as your guinea pigs.

2 Likes

I agree with elcheapocooks ROLLBACK this update and stop using your customers as GUINEA PIGS!!
Don’t you have some beta users test this crap out before you make it public???

1 Like

Someone posted on another thread. There are a bunch of complaints

“UPDATE 11/19/20: We are pausing the .218 firmware and have pulled the files from the Release Notes page as we investigate the increased motion detection sensitivity for Event videos. Thank you for your patience. Good morning, forum folks! iOS app 2.15.41 is launching today to improve Wyze Cam v3 connectivity now that we’re close to shipping! wink We also have 4.X.6.218 firmware for Wyze Cam v2 and Pan. It adds a custom detection zone, adjusts logic, and fixes bugs! Read our Release Notes: …”

Although I agree with @elcheapocooks and @bluu, maybe not as harshly put though :joy:
I am curious what the testing process is though. How was this not caught?
The new detection zone mapping is awesome, but the execution makes notifications and monitoring completely useless at the moment.
I doubt a rollback is feasible at this point, but someone needs to put their a** in gear and work some bugs out.

My biggest problem is the shimmers of light or the ripples in water from wind. I cant avoid water in my green box setting. Its in the background and i cant box it out. If that can be fixed it would solve most of my issues. minor water movement or sunlight reflecting in the water did not trip the camera before the update

1 Like

Would you please post or PM me the video clip if you think that is a false motion detection or you think the .218 firmware is too much sensitive. Also, a log submitted with the false motion detection will be helpful. We think it is more sensitive too certain specific scenarios so we would like to analyze your specific scenario.

4 Likes

I’ve had to disable all of my camera notifications because of this update. What’s the ETA on a fix?

My problem wasn’t false motion detection or too much sensitivity I was getting motion notifications on the areas I had blacked out

1 Like

I can take a look if you send me the video clip and a screenshot of how you set the detection zones.

We believe this problem belongs to only certain scenarios, could you send me the video clip and a log number for me a take a look?

If it really bugs you a lot. I would recommend to manually flash back to the last stable version (.199).

The cameras inside of the house I left them with the new firmware and they’re working great but the ones outside I had to roll back the firmware

1 Like

So you already rolled it back?

And the previous firmware would be triggered under such scenario (moving tree branches and leaves)?

The motion detection is triggered when there is any overlap with the active detection zone and the green rectangle motion tagging box.

Similar example here. Windmill is not selected but still triggering motion. No issues with previous firmware.

Yes the cameras outside are .199 the ones inside .218. I tried everything, I even just left one small strip of “highlighted” squares down the drive way and the leaves would STILL show motion.

I even cleared all the boxes, restarted the camera,.clear cache, uninstalled and started all over again and it would still show motion with the leaves even with just one open strip

could you submit a log with that camera and let me know the log number please?
Also, could you send me the video clip instead of the image? We need more image frames to identify the motion event. Thank you.

could you please submit a log with that camera and let me know the log number?

61982 61985
Thank you

Ticket ID: 62168

Hello?.. Are we there yet?

1 Like

Ticket id 62854