One of my motion sensors fell off where I set it (my fault about how I secured it and I was not using the included adhesive), but when it hit the floor the front cover popped off. I figured I might as well take a picture of it for others who may be curious what it looks like without the cover:
Interestingly, the front cover is just held on by 2 sided tape.
Thus, if you wanted to reduce the angle or limit the view on one of these to better suit a particular use case, instead of taping on the outside (which might look a little tacky…I would know, I did this for a previous motion sensor to limit the sensing area for a particular situation) you could easily pop off the front, block off the appropriate part, test it, then press the lid back together on the 2 sided tape, and your modification would work and still look great.
Kind of a cool accident since nothing is actually damaged. Thought others might enjoy seeing the inside and how easy it would be to modify/limit the detection area if needed.