Motion Alert display time 1 hour late when Daylight Saving Time active

The event time displayed on push notifications motion alerts is 1 hour behind. this seems only to be an issue since the Daylight Saving Time becomes active two weeks ago.

All other times are OK in the App and video overlay display.

Thanks

Michel

3 Likes

Have you done a time sync with the camera. It should have happened automatically, but you can do a manual one to be sure. Click the settings gear icon, then Advanced Settings > Sync Time.

2 Likes

Same here with my 4 cams installed after the timeshift. Reset, reinstalled, syncā€¦without success. Always 1 hour off on the notifications.

1 Like

Thank you Loki for the response. Here are some updated information on this that might be useful for diagnostic purpose:

1. I did try the ā€˜Syncā€™ function from the Wyze app. It did not solve the issue.
  2. I also tried rebooting without success.
  3. Interestingly, the issue seams to affect only IOS notifications. I have the Wyze app installed on IOS (iPad) and Android (Samsung phone). The exact same Wyze motion Notification on Android show the correct time while it is 1h off on the iPad. It would be good to see if the other people having this issue are also all using IOSā€¦
  4. For completeness, I tried to do the ā€˜Syncā€™ from both the Android app and than later from within the IOS app to confirm there was no correlation. I confirm it made no difference.

So for summary:

Wyze IOS motion notification text content include a time value that does not observe the Daylight saving time 1h adjustment.

Every ā€œtime valueā€ displayed by Wyze elsewhere is ok (Android notifications, Events tab, Video superimposed time).

Hope this can help locate and fix the bug. If not, then the good news is that this will get resolved by itself in about 7 months :wink:

Best regards and keep the good work.

Thatā€™s all good info. However, Iā€™m not a Wyze employee (just a fellow user). The way to get Wyze to look into this is to file a support request. Click Support, top right, and scroll down to the bottom of that page. Even better, do so from the Account section of the app so the log files will be included.

2 Likes

Five iOS devices on my side with the same problem.

1 Like

Expected latest IOS mobile App (2.2.40) to maybe fix this but the problem is still there,

As suggested, Iā€™ve submitted this issue using the support section of the Wyse App.

Thanks Loki.

Same issue on my side (iOS version). This is a minor one and Iā€™m wondering where we can find details of the ticket that was submitted by Michel. Is there a number or better a link to track the progress of the resolution? Thx

1 Like

Hi Celinium,

My Wyze Ticket Number for this issue is 203099

They donā€™t seams to have an online bug tracker. All communications are done by email.

I did received a reply from Wyze saying they are investigating this issue.

Best regards

Michel

Same issue with me. iOS and 4 cameras have sync etc.

Hi Michel. Just wondering, did you receive an update regarding the ticket you created last month? Thx in advance for the information you can share on this topic.
Celinium

I have the same problem, but on Android (9). The only difference is my notifications show 1 hour forward which is I guess because Iā€™m in Australia and weā€™re currently on winter time. So if the event happened at 8:00am the notification will say 9:00am. All the timestamps within the app, including the timestamp on the video, will show the correct time (8:00am). Tried syncing, reseting, just updated to latest firmwareā€¦ makes no difference.

I just had this problem after traveling. I was able to correct it by deleting the app and reinstalling. All alerts and times are now correct.

Iā€™m having the same issue on my iPhone 6 on my initial setup, and even with the latest BETA Wyze app installed, itā€™s still there. Iā€™ve an Android 8.1 device, but havenā€™t tested yet the Wyze App on it.

Wondering if this has been fixed

Since daylight savings mine has had the same issue. On iPad and iPhone, the time stamp shows ā€œmotion triggered at 12:30ā€ but itā€™s actually 1:30
Itā€™s a bit annoying looking g back when Iā€™ve had my phone in my pocket because I donā€™t actually know where to scroll to in the recording of the camera
In the app itā€™s all fine. Iā€™ve also done all the above including sync
Itā€™s currently April 25,2020

Nope not fixed .I have all of the above on all IOS devices Canā€™t get an answer from Wyze .Also I am in the UK

Having the exact same issue 5 yrs later from this post. Did you find a way to fix it or did you get support and they fixed it? Sync cams donā€™t work nor did router restart.

I havenā€™t seen anything new on this. Have you contacted Customer Support. They may have more info. It could be something on your account and only Support has the ability to look more deeply into that.

1 Like

I sent in a trouble ticket but have no response yet. I will follow up on it in a couples if I donā€™t hear from them. Thanks for the response.

1 Like