More V3 Camera Issues

Rebooting cameras will release its cache to flush, recalibrate the settings, clear any memory leak issues, and revise connections, particularly with the router/modem which also may be suffering from memory leak issues (router and modem memory leak issues are a major cause of people’s connectivity issues, though not the only one), among other benefits. I used to reboot my devices…I had to do this back when I had Xfinity. That’s back when I had problems with my Wyze devices.

Also, many people don’t even use smart plugs to make the cameras reboot regularly. Some people just use the app rules to schedule them to restart at specific intervals to ensure they always have a fresh connection on the router, etc.

I don’t need to do this anymore. Ever since I ditched Comcast and got a decent router I have cameras that have gone years working totally reliably other than the rare AWS outages. Several cameras that only ever reboot when I do firmware updates and no other time. They’ll go months and months without any rebooting and never have a single problem. Now that I have a good ISP, good Router, etc my Wyze devices do actually function as advertised. They’ve even got stronger up-time than my cameras from the other more expensive brands that I use as redundancy. I know some people really struggle with their cameras or other devices working well, I know that’s a reality for many people. I am just saying that it is possible to have fully functional, reliable Wyze devices as expected. I have over 40 Wyze cameras and another handful from other brands, and I don’t suffer with all the connectivity issues, etc that some people do.

This is a list of things I’ve found from personal experience that can be part of a person’s connectivity issues:

Once I addressed all of those things, my experience has been phenomenal. The value is AWESOME to me. I respect others having different preferences, and I even LIKE that not everyone likes Wyze. Competition is good for everyone, but to me, I feel like when I buy from others that I am just getting ripped off by their high-profit margins and totally ignoring users. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again because this has been my personal experience:

(Original context post here–it was about the Wyze Scale being objectively rated as the best scale, beating even more expensive scales with higher profit margins…more expensive does not mean better quality)