Monitored Leak and Climate Sensors - WHEN?

Received an email from Wyze on 3/1/22 saying

“we’re adding professional monitoring to Wyze Leak and Climate Sensors… This new functionality will be added to your Monitoring Certificate to share with your insurance company.”

I have not been able to get an answer from support as to why my certificate has not been updated. If this is something that is “coming soon” why wasn’t that detailed in the email? And when will it be available?

1 Like

It’s not available yet. “Going Forward” means “in the future”. There is no set date to share at this time, only some details of the upcoming additional service:

Here’s What You Can Expect From Wyze Home Monitoring Going Forward

Monitored Leak and Climate Sensors

Thanks to your feedback asking for additional homeowner’s insurance savings, we’re adding professional monitoring to Wyze Leak and Climate Sensors. If a leak is detected or the Climate Sensor senses freezing temperatures, the agent at the monitoring center will send an SMS and call either you, or those that you’ve shared the service with. The Hub will also play a reminder sound. This new functionality will be added to your Monitoring Certificate to share with your insurance company.

Frequently Asked Questions

How will Leak and Climate Professional Monitoring work?

Customers who have Leak or Climate sensors can choose which ones to enable with professional monitoring. Once selected, if the Leak Sensor detects a leak or the Climate Sensor detects freezing temperatures (32ºF), the system will play a warning sound; in the meantime, the agent at the monitoring center will send an SMS and call the user to alert them to the event and share a list of local plumbers to help. The Wyze Leak and Climate Sensors are sold separately.

Will I need to purchase new Wyze Home Monitoring equipment?

Your current equipment is scalable. That means that we won’t be replacing the hardware and all of these new features and more will be added through software updates.

How do I start using Monitored Sensors?

Once this feature is live, we’ll send you a notification with instructions on how to enable it.

2 Likes

Thank you @Seapup I didn’t read the FAQ at the bottom. Not sure how I missed that!

1 Like

No problem. It’s easy to miss when multiple services are mixed in the same message. :+1:

My climate Sensors are reporting. Last night the humidity went above my setpoint in the crawl space and I received a notification of the same. When the humidity returned to safe zone, it notified me of such with another push notification.

I added my sensors to my HMS in the Monitoring Settings < Environment settings.

As for Noonlight monitoring, not sure if that is live yet as I haven’t hit that setpoint yet.

EDIT: I went to the app and looked some more… I think you are both right. The Professional Monitoring isn’t live yet. Couldn’t find anywhere to set or toggle that. The only live portion is the push notifications.

Not sure that will be in the new, new, new retry #3 app update, but I am on the old one and won’t update until the forum Jedi Knights feel it is stable.

Will wait and listen.

1 Like