Miss me much?

Woke up about 10 pm Wednesday to what felt like stomach cramps or bad food. Got so bad my wife took me to the ER. We don’t go to the ER unless whatever is ailing us is really bad.
About halfway there t threw up, felt better and told my wife to head back home. Got home and whammo got really bad. Drove back to the ER, writhing in pain. Cat scan showed 6mm kidney stone in my left ureter. This will be stone #4 in the last 25 years. A bit of a back story…when I was about 14, I couldn’t urinate and told my mom. I neglected to tell her it burned. She sat me down with a. 2 liter bottle of Fresca soda. I drank a lot of it, but that naturally didn’t help. Dad rushed me to ER. They catheterized me and filled up 3 urinals. Come to find out I had a birth defect and a blood vessel was pressing against my left kidney, acting like a check valve. They moved the blood vessel and all was well until 10 years later when I had my first stone. My left kidney was oversize due to being stretched. This stone had a hook on it and was stuck. Like trying to push a basketball through a straw with a grappling hook attached to the stone. They went up me with a flashlight and flexible fingers and pulled it out. I was in twilight and it was very painful. I can tolerate pain. All was well or so I thought. Where the stone was raw and infected so they put a stent in. In 2 weeks they went back up and pilled it out. That was just as painful.
The second stone I was able to pass.
The third stone they used a vibrating mat to break it up.
This time, they put the stent in and left the stone. In 2 weeks I go back and have the stent removed and the stone broken with a laser.
For the last 10 years, 90% of what I drink is plain ice water. But my oversize kidney keeps making the stones.
SomI am sitting in the hospital waiting for blood culture results. Was hoping to come home this morning but nope. They want to watch the culture to see if it grows.if I go home I could be right back but worse.
I know for a fact that some of the male users are crossing their legs.
So night #3 in the hospital. Maybe more.
Hope Medicare covers most or all of this.
Not looking for sympathy. Just bored as heck.

8 Likes

Tom, get well soon.

4 Likes

Get well sir.

4 Likes

Ouch! Never had a stone (knock on wood) but my father did. I seem to remember a quote from Detective Fish in the old Barney Miller series where his doctor said something to the effect that passing a kidney stone was similar to giving birth. Fish said, “so how bad could that be?”

:grin:

2 Likes

I have hold of everything, I just got scheduled for my 5 year colonoscopy . I am dreading drinking the 4 liters of “GO JUICE”. Get well soon, the Blue birds miss their Dad ,house builder and feeder.

3 Likes

Feel better soon! My mom suffers from chronic kidney stones. They are horrible.

4 Likes

Man, TomG, that is brutal.

Will someone send some of their animals to check in on Tom’s cameras to help give him something else to think about? Even the skunk visiting his dog again will at least give him a good distraction for a few minutes.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Also glad you are able to post and take your mind off things, as best you can.

Take care of yourself.

4 Likes

Hear hear!

2 Likes

Diversion? Here ya go. :slight_smile:

Mod Warning: adult-ish content

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tom! A good friend of mine is a Lithotripsy Ultrasound Tech who does those procedures. His license plate is ROKCRSHR! :joy:

He has many stories of the pain and agony those cause! Absolutely insane the amount of pain a little pebble can cause when it is in the wrong place.

Hope they are keeping you as comfortable as they can!

5 Likes

Good luck sir. Get out of the hospital!

2 Likes

I can sympathize with you. I had to pass kidney stones twice, and for sure that is no picnic, My father had a stone that ruptured his kidney. It had to be removed. The one that he had left was not functioning at 100%.

Get well soon!

3 Likes

I am laying here waiting for the urine and blood culture results. And most of my cams are offline. I am almost certain there is an egg in the bluebird house. Explaining to my wife how to reboot the router would be futile. So I sit and wait. Hubitat is online so hopefully it is a Wyze problem.

2 Likes

Going home!

9 Likes

:skunk: :skunk: Waiting for you, I’ll meet you at the front door.

3 Likes

Woo Hoo!

1 Like

No one at the inn yet.

The eggs are usually laid in the morning, one per day. She will not sit on the eggs until they are all out. She will sit on the eggs and dad will feed her the live mealworms that should be here next week. I will create a new topic in ‘seen on Wyze’ when that happens.

And yes to woo hoo! Glad to be home, annoying my wife once again.

And the camera problem was solved by a router reboot. I did that second, after giving my dog lots of love. She didn’t recognize my scent until I took a shower. :thinking:

4 Likes

Because you forgot your after shave, sample below. Happy to hear you are home annoying your wife and the cams are back up. Did you teach your wife how to reboot the router?

Tom's After Shave

4 Likes

I think the guy in that video with the coke-bottle glasses is neither arrogant or interesting.