Miss me much?

Yeah, but the exchange is kinda fun… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You must have been thinking about me when you made this post. I feel your pain not that type of pain.

This coming Monday I am scheduled for a total knee replacement #2. I am expecting pain, lots of pain, lots and lots and lots and lots of pain.

The insurance company only wanted to pay for it as an outpatient procedure but my doctor was able to get them to approve a 23-hour observation. So I end up getting kind of what I wanted which was to stay overnight. Because in my mind, my logical mind this makes sense.

If the patient lives alone in a house that has steps and you send them home the same day they’ve had a total knee replacement and they fall what happens? They end up back in the hospital now the insurance has to pay for the ambulance, the ER visit, admission into a room, and possibly more surgery to correct the problem that happened because the patient fell.

So which is cheaper allowing me to stay overnight to make sure I’m good or send me home the same day and something happens and I have to come back and now I’m stuck in the hospital for 3 or 4 days? My logical mind goes with option A.

With my first knee replacement they kept me in the hospital for 3 days and then I went home. But that was under a different insurance but you would think same procedure different leg it’s more or less costs the same thing so what’s the issue. I’d rather have my patient stay for a few days then to just send them home and something happens.

Anyway I hope your stone passes and you get to go home soon don’t be bored enjoy the mini vacation even if they do come bother you every few hours.

And I hope you have a quiet, non-nosy roommate with no nosy family peeking at you as they pass the curtain.

2 Likes

Good luck on your surgery! Wishing you a thorough and speedy recovery!

4 Likes

Good luck with the surgery. You’re so encouraging - I have a consult with a surgeon on Monday which is my next step to me getting the first of two knee replacements…

2 Likes

Indeed!

Guess this’ll make it kinda hard for you to kneel in my presence for a while… :wink:

1 Like

Is @TomG still stoned, and if so, is he home or away? :grin:

2 Likes

I guess the latest research is true that the over 55 demographics is the one that embraces smart home gadgets. Way to go gizzards!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The second stomach of a bird, not counting the crop or craw as the first; the bulbous or muscular…

Yikes. That’s enough definition for me. :slight_smile:

I’m way past retirement age, but I choose to work because I know that the day I stop working, I’ll die. I know it’s not related but I had to put it out there :rofl:

1 Like

If Death is the period on life’s sentence, what’s an ellipsis? :grin:

1 Like

My knees are shot but the pain is bearable. Hopefully you will get some good drugs.

My brother in law (68) had knee surgery a few months ago. Not much pain.
A good friend had both knees rebuilt. Said the pain was bearable.

Every person’s pain level is different. I hope yours is a level 1 or lower.

2 Likes

I have a medical card… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You lost me here :joy:

Thank you and hit me up any time.

I can’t wait to see how they compare, 2015 (manual) vs 2023 (computer guided).

Thanks. I’m expecting the worst and hoping for the better.

Picked up my pre and post-op drugs today :grin:

Some drugs can be your best friend or your worst enemy when they don’t work.

Thank you

Should be an interesting comparison. My sister had one knee done in 2020, and two friends have have one within the last few months and all three reported no major problems. My sister was hiking in the Rockies less than two weeks after surgery.

Hope the surgery goes well for you.

My wife recently had both ureters opened up due to recurring UTIs.

All she has is 4 poke marks on her stomach from each surgery. Can barely see them now.

Compared to my dad, who had his gall bladder removed about 60 years ago. The scar was almost as long as his torso.

Hope you’re doing well now. I have to say this is one of the most interesting reads so far. I usually don’t read b’cuz I tire of reading problems with equipment, since I’m not much help and have my own frustrations with them. Even if you were bored, found this different from the usual and comments more amusing. Sorry for your pain, but thank you for sharing.

Wife had knee replacement and was walking same day. Recovery for a single knew replacement is not terrible based on her experience. I had to be around a lot to assist her and encourage her, but she did walk every day. Some strong post-surgury drugs for sure. And her knee was huge after surgery during recovery period. Looks normal now minus the vertical scar across the knee.