Minimum height and width of the detection zone has changed

The minimum height and width of the detection zone that I can set has changed from v2.9.24 of the Android app. I discovered this when I tried to move the detection zone of one of my cameras for which I’d set the detection zone to it’s smallest possible size to avoid false detections. The zone expanded to twice it’s size and I cannot reduce it to it’s previous (smaller) size. The minimum size is now about twice what it was before.

v2.7.14 of the app works as before. Can anyone else reproduce this?

3 Likes

I have been able to recreate this, I don’t know why it was changed or what the purpose might be. Hopefully Wyze Can give us a reason sometime in the near future

I’m not running v2.9.24, and I’m iPadOS, but hope this isn’t true (or is corrected). If anything, we should be allowed to make the detection zone smaller

Thanks Bam.

I don’t understand how something like this can be broken all of a sudden.

I’ve been hoping that the much-discussed change to allow greater control over the detection area will implemented but I’m losing hope.

1 Like

Hi @mwark. I would recommend sending a log file through the app so Wyze devs know about the issue you’re seeing. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

I’m not sure if mine’s different or not- all cams are updated and I don’t have a comparison. This is the minimum I can get- how does it compare to what you are getting? Memory tells me it does seem smaller, but ??

Interesting…

Minimum detection zone, Android Wyze app v2.8.24:

Minimum detection zone, Android Wyze app v2.9.29:

1 Like

Wyze Ticket 492855

1 Like