Micro SD cards not recognized

this worked for me…i formated as exfat and then reformated with the wyze app so now it appears to be working…only time will tell, but thank you!

2 Likes

This worked for me, too. Formatted the SD card on Win10 to exFAT, then popped it in the camera and it immediately recognized it, and then I formatted it through the Wyze app.

My card has been working since I purchased my two cameras over a year ago however, my SD cars now is not recognized by the camera. I’ve tried reformatting it but when I put it into the camera I don’t here a sound and it still can’t find it. The sd cards are wyze sd cards so they should be supported. I was told the camera was outside the warranty so I was told I could purchase a new one… no thanks… I’d like to get mine working again or I’ll have to find a different company unfortunately. I really like wyze and have been supportive from the beginning but, if the cameras aren’t reliable there is no point in staying loyal. Sorry for the long ramble I’m just disappointed in the current circumstance

sound like the card went, not the camera. try a high endurance card ( or any different card, but I recommend H E) and see if that is recognized. this doesn’t sound like a cameras issue, more than likely tits a card issue.

My MicroSD card appears to be recognized but my Wyze Cam Pan will simply not record to it. I’m using the same exact Sandisk 32GB High Endurance card in my regular Wyze Cam V2 and it works perfectly fine there. I tried formatting it both through the app and through my PC but no matter what nothing will record to the card even though it sees the correct capacity. Additionally I noticed my camera will periodically restart itself when the card is inserted, but if I remove the card all is fine. The card works perfectly fine and is writable on my PC.

2 Likes

Even being a maven, I still do not own a pan. It’s never suited my needs. sadly I don’t think I would be much help to you on this one except for knowledge on SD cards which we have just checked off. I would like to say thank you though for doing the due diligence and looking at the card and debunking that as a possible issue.

Let me hit up my amazing friends and maybe they have some sort of information on this that I am not privy to or have missed. The maven’s do a heck of a lot of reading. @Mavens

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

What are your sd card recording settings? (event recording or continuous) Is local storage enabled? (Just making sure). How do you know that it’s not recording to card?

1 Like

I tried both continuous and event recording. Either way the “memory available” counter doesn’t move at all. Playback will also show no saved video available. I swapped microSD cards with my working cam V2 as well and tried formatting it in the working one but nothing would work. Both microSD cards work perfectly fine in my V2 cam.

At this point I am just going to move the Cam Pan to another location where I don’t need local recording and buy another V2 Cam to use as that one has been working great for me.

I’d recommend contacting customer support in this case. It’s possible that you have a defective unit.

Wyze Customer Support

2 Likes

I’ve been using a Pan out on my porch. The Pan is mounted against the house and has a silicone cover on it. When I add the 32gb card to it, it will work for a day and then will say it’s not installed. If I ‘eject’ the card in the app and restart the Pan, then it finds it again, but everything prior looks to be deleted and it goes back to 29.79gb.

I have returned one Pan for this same problem and tried different SanDisk cards, all brand new. The only thing I can come up with is the card is “exposed” enough on the bottom that moisture must be getting in. Anyone have suggestions on how to “seal” it? Or I will wait for the Outdoor Cam to be replace it and hopefully it will be better!

I have owned a Pan for probably over 6 mos - I have experienced many of the same problems mentioned here such as unrecognized SD card but have been very patient and gotten past that issue only to be currently tackling this issue. My Pan is inside and overlooks my front porch. Every couple of days I will notice lack of activity on that camera. Closer review always leads me to that fact that my memory card isn’t being recognized. I tried reformatting my card and that didn’t help - so my 2 cents here is that the issue isn’t related to the weather proofing as mine is indoors and I have the same problem. I almost get the impression that its related to hyper-activity since I have an afternoon breeze that challenges the person detection and it started to occur after the new person detection was introduced?

Jonesto949, do you have the pan activated? I’m wondering if that is the trigger. I love the darn thing and just wish it would work right and I hate emailing tech because they always ask the same stuff and everything I have already done. Makes me think it’s a known issue.

I have owned a Pan for probably over 6 mos - I have experienced many of the same problems mentioned here such as unrecognized SD card but have been very patient and gotten past that issue only to be currently tackling this issue. My Pan is inside and overlooks my front porch. Every couple of days I will notice lack of activity on that camera. Closer review always leads me to that fact that my memory card isn’t being recognized. I tried reformatting my card and that didn’t help - so my 2 cents here is that the issue isn’t related to the weather proofing as mine is indoors and I have the same problem. I almost get the impression that its related to hyper-activity since I have an afternoon breeze that challenges the person detection and it started to occur after the new

When you say activated- what does that mean? I gave up working with support on these issues as RESETTING the camera isn’t a viable response.

The “pan scan”. I’m thinking that causes the problem, drawing to much power.

I do but since its only job is to view my porch I do not use the default and instead use a restricted version. If hyper-activity would draw additional power then you maybe onto something as I previously stated the card seems to go missing in the afternoon when motion detection is highest with the afternoon breeze. I am using Person detection and motion of leaves and branches causes havoc as the Person detection currently isn’t in the same ballpark as the previous AI person detection yet. IMHO
Update 7/20/20 I swapped the Wyze SD card for Endurance and experienced the exact same issue** its NOT the card

There cannot be a problem with the v2 or pan cam software because its just everyone’s different SD cards that are bad…just like the five I’ve burned through and the three my GF burned through. Wish the cards weren’t all defective and thank goodness the one in ny phone hasn’t become defective after months of use.

Update: I have a couple of V2 cam that constantly “forgets” the SD. I say forget because I can format a SD card place it in there then after awhile it says there is no card. I have switched the cards to other cams where they work, so it is not the cards.

I had this issue since I bought 2 pan cameras 2 years ago. They advised me to buy wyze sd card and I did that too. Same issue occurs. The camera wouldn’t loop record so I have to format both cameras manually every 5 days. Here is the issue and how I got over it. When I pressed to format using my app, there was 50% of chance that it wouldn’t format; it would say
Camera MicroSD Card: 0.0G/0.0G. When I rebooted the camera, it would either show the original gigabyte unformatted (ex. 29.5G/32.0G) or 0.0G/0.0G or no SD card. If it’s unformatted, I reformat and reboot repeatedly until it’s completely formatted after 6 or 7 trials. If it still shows 0.0G/0.0G or no SD card, I usually reboot repeatedly until I get a chance to format.
This is pretty frustrating process and I wouldn’t rebuy these cameras for sure.

1 Like

Thank you! The SD Memory Card Formatter fixed the problem for me–but Wyze Cam should still have more robust capability to recognize the card at a hardware level, and format it by itself.