i just cannot connect this thing and i don’t understand the directions.
a couple questions…
my phone is supposed to be on which wifi? my home or the robot?
how do i know if my router has 2.6g?
after pressing the two buttons on the robot, what are the actual steps to be taken? the manual makes no sense to me.
sorry, i thought this would be an easy setup. i’ve wasted a couple hours already trying the suggestions, nothing works.
thank you in advance for any help.
Hi @austin72 and welcome to the community forum!
I can help with your first question. There are two basic bands of WiFi, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks. Your smart phone needs to be connected to the 2.4GHz and haven’t seen a WiFi router w/o the 2.4GHz band.
The Robot Vacuum can only connect to the 2.4 GHz WiFi.
Did you download the Wyze App? Don’t know if you have an Android or iPhone so download at the Android Play Store or iPhone App Store. Here is a link to latest version for reference.
Once you have the app installed you’ll be adding the new device.
Here is a link to the install instructions:
yes, my router has 2.4 but there’s no way to tell the phone to connect to that.
yes, i have the app. android phone.
so step 5 Tap Next in the app, and follow the onscreen instructions to connect to WiFi.*
which wifi? the vacuum wifi, or my home wifi? in the quick start guide it says the vacuum wifi…
Make sure your phone’s mobile data is turned off for the setup.
Here is step by step instructions and what to expect.
You’ll be connected to the router WiFi and be instructing the RoboVac to connect from your phone.
yeah, still doesn’t work. the phone wont connect to the robots wifi.
but it doesnt make sense. how can the phone be connected to the home wifi and the robot at the same time?
- On your mobile device, turn your cellular data OFF.
- Some devices may try to automatically connect to cellular data while not connected to WiFi. This can prevent successful setup.
- On the Home screen in the Wyze app, tap the + plus sign .
- Tap Add Device .
- Tap Wyze Robot Vacuum .
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons on the vacuum. It will say “WiFi connection has been reset.” Tap Next in the app, and follow the onscreen instructions to connect to WiFi.
- Once connected, you’ll be prompted to name the device.
- You’re all set! Now you can use the app to start a Clean.
See @WyzeJasonJ explanation below.
sorry, i just don’t get it.
i’m at "connect your phone to WVCR_XXX. when i hit “choose wifi”, it takes me to the available networks. if i try to connect to that, by default, i am then off my home wifi. and anyway it doesn’t connect.
what am i doing wrong? this is so confusing.
Let me see if I can help.
- Just to make sure we start from scratch press and hold both buttons on the top of the vacuum until it says WiFi has been reset.
2.Then try to add the device, have your phone mobile off and be connected to your home WiFi.
- During setup it will tell you to connect to the vacuums WiFi. That is the WVCR one you refer to, when you try to connect from that you will disconnect from your home WiFi and switch automatically. You may see a waning that Internet is not available and if you want to keep the connection, you want to keep it.
- Continue setup from there.
yup. and it will not connect…so where do i go from here?
Hi @austin72, I may have mispoke earlier. The instructions are not very clear. You need to connect with the WVCR_XXX of the RoboVac to give it your WiFi info.
There may be something lost in typing a message back and forth so a phone conversation with Wyze may be in order. There is also the possibility your unit is defecive.
Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
The instructions you linked from wyzelabs are incomplete and do not follow the Quick Set Up Guide.
Which Wifi do we connect to after pushing both buttons is the questions that needs answering.
You will connect to the WiFI that begins with WVCR__
It appears that I am also a Luddite.
I tried multiple times to add the vacuum in the app, but nothing that I tried would work.
However, the kind folks over at Reddit provided the solution for my issue:
Fortunately, MatthewTheCameraman stumbled upon the magic incantation which at least on IOS involves enabling Precise Location in Settings → Wyze → Location.
Does anyone know if enabling Precise Location is actually required for the proper operation of the vacuum?
If so, why and why doesn’t the app prompt for Precise Location be enabled if not already enabled?
If not, why does the app fail to connect to the vacuum until Precise Location is enabled?