Lost ability to record videos saved on all my cameras via the player on wyze app

I have 36 various types if wyze cams. All of them won’t record videos off of the player and save them to either to my iPad or iPhone. They used to do that. I can now only either remove cards and join them on a computer or play them back and do a screen capture to get the video saved. All the devices are updated. I am also a beta tester and I believe it might have been since the last update that this all went haywire. Does anyone have any ideas? The only variety of wyze cam I don’t have is a v1 original. Restarts of program and cameras have no affect. Regards

Must be a Beta thing. I’m using the iOS app 2.33 and can record from playback or download and save events to my iPhone.

Mine works, but there’s a little problem…

live views fine, playbacks fine, but when I record from playback, the vids in the album (on all cams) has a geeen bar covering half of it…

And in my phones photo album, they are unplayable…

This must have been caused by the latest beta. Investigation further…

Just tried with a V3 on the latest beta (app and firmware) and I did not get the green bar at the bottom.

iOS version 2.34.0 (b12) on #$%^& iPhone 8 with iOS version 15.6.1
Recording from live worked just fine on V2, V3, & original Pan. Watching recorded videos worked either from Wyze Album or Apple View Photos.
Recording from Playback said that it worked, but viewing either from the Wyze Album or Apple View Photos would not work.

Android version 2.345.0 (b72) on Motorola g(7) power with Android version 10
Recording from live worked just fine on V2, V3, & original Pan. Watching recorded videos worked either from Wyze Album or Android Files.
Recording from playback worked just fine on V2, V3, & original Pan. Watching recorded videos worked either from Wyze Album or Android Files.

Camera versions involved:
Original Pan: 4.10.9.1355
V2: 4.9.9.1355
V3: 4.36.10.2424, and 4.36.9.139, and 4.61.0.3 (RTSP firmware)
All are latest beta except the one V3 that was out of WiFi range when I updated everything a day or two ago, and of course the one with RTSP.

1 Like

You said the above. That’s the problem I’m having. I can watch playback in the app but not when it is saved in apple photos. It gives me a blank slightly off white screen with no image what’s so ever. Thanks for the response. It sounds like an app problem and hopefully they will get it fixed.