Losing the Faith

Since I posted “Losing the Faith” my Wyze Cam cameras have improved dramatically.
Rarely have any connection problems now, like I was experiencing before. Even my remote cameras on a poor WiFi setup connect much better.
For me, the biggest improvement is the complete motion capture and the related “view playback”.
Previously, if yu clicked on playback while viewing a motion capture, you were brought back to the current time instead of the time of the capture. Very annoying to have to navigate back to the time of the capture. But now, you go right to the start of the motion capture you are viewing. And no more 5 minute pauses between captures - missed a lot because of that.
Still wish I could turn the volume up (or reduce the squelch) so I could hear more subtle sounds and I still can’t use detect sound because even on its lowest setting, I get too many sounds detected that are not that loud.
The motion tracking is still a bit jerky and is fooled by bright lights, but I think that will come.

I am now much happier with my connections and reliability. Planning on another camera soon.
As an aside, I have 2 PanCams installed outside under some protected eaves and after 2 years, they are both doing great. One is even at the beach - high humidity and corrosion - and has yet to fail.

Ted

3 Likes