Longer duration of video

Anyone know how to record longer duration video on to the sd card. I don’t need continuous video recording. When motion is triggered, I would like to record for longer, maybe from 2-5 minutes on to my sd card.

The 12 second alterts are great. But for more detail on what happens after the motion alert, I would like to record longer.

Any clue? Or is this not possible at all?

@Forum mods, if this thread is started in the wrong place, please help move. I think this may belong in the support section.

When you set up recording to the microSD card (Settings > Advanced Settings > Local Storage) in Event Only mode, the camera will save each one minute video segment that contains any motion with no limitations. This will occur up to the point that the card is full at which point the oldest video will be deleted in favor of the new. This is independent of the 12s cloud alert clips, which don’t even need to be enabled for SD card recording to occur.

So again, tap the gear icon in the live stream view, then Advanced Settings > Local Storage. Turn on the switch and select “Record events only”. Every 1-minute segment that contains motion will be saved, and only those segments. View it by tapping View Playback from the live stream. The timeline will be shaded green where video was saved and you can use the left/right arrow buttons to move back and forward among segments.

Thanks. I am going try this. I did not have a usd card in the slot.

Thanks. That worked.

The app does not make moving between videos very easy. But still usable.

One more hint… when you’re in the neighborhood of the time of interest on the timeline, us a pinch-out gesture (two fingers spreading apart) on the timeline to zoom in for finer control.

1 Like

Wow. I didn’t know you could do that. Nice.

Thanks again. Will try that later today.

I think the OP also asked about allowing longer SD recording when turning on “Record Event Only” option. I also like to see if this is possible. Say 2 or 3 minutes instead of the default 1 minute.

Currently when an event happens, I see 1 minute recording. The first 30 seconds recording is actually BEFORE the motion is detected. So I only get about 30 seconds of recording to be useful.

Actually, the “Record Event Only” records to the SD card for a minute as a minimum, and then continues to record as long as there is still motion detected by the camera. So, if an event is two and a half minutes long, there will be a three minute event recorded. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the information. :smiley:

1 Like

How can I set to record events with no 5 minute cool down

Local recording to the SD card and event clips sent to the cloud are totally separate. You can record continuously or event only to the card with no cool down.

However, there is presently no way to eliminate the cool down for the event clips sent to the cloud. You can vote for the the option for paid cloud storage to reduce or eliminate the cool down at the link below. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top. It is currently in the “researching” stage with Wyze.

2 Likes