Local schedule in Wyze Plug off by 1 day

Right. Unless home is wrong.

I was having an issue with several other non-Wyze IoT devices and the times being off by an hour. I would reset the time manually and they would be fine for the day. The next day it would be off by an hour again.

Didn’t find out until recently that these gadgets get their time from the WiFi router on login. I have my WiFi router do an automated reboot every night. My devices reboot an hour later when they get their time updated.

My router was an hour off because the Daylight Savings Time setting was defaulted to off even though my time zone was set to a DST time zone. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yea it didn’t run when it was supposed to, and nothing in the history. Will see if it runs some random day.

Could you please also submit one log for me. Thanks!

1 Like

I have submited the logs for all 4 of these additional plugs that are misbehaving. I already submitted the log twice for the first plug, but I can submit the log for that plug again if needed.

The log file for the Tuesday plug is 738957
The log file for the Wednesday plug is 738959
The log file for the Thursday plug is 738962
The log file for the Friday plug is 738966

As a reminder, I have configured these 4 plugs, to each run a different day from 7pm to 8pm, with one plug to run Tuesdays, one on Wednesdays, one on Thursdays and one on Fridays (this is not my intended use of the plugs, but is only done for now to test the local scheduling).

They run at the correct time, but they each run on the next day after they are scheduled, not on the day that the local schedule is set for.

Its like the days of the week is stored as a number, with the scheduling code in the app using values 0 to 6 (for Sunday to Saturday), but the plug firmware using 1 to 7 (for Sunday to Saturday).

So the scheduling for Tuesday stores “2” (based on Sunday=0), and the plug interprets “2” as Wednesday (based on Sunday=1), so it runs on Wednesday instead.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

@B57
Thank you for the additional info I will make sure @WyzeDesmond gets the log numbers.

2 Likes

Trying to repro it, and nothing showed up in the rules history :frowning:

I will mess with it more tomorrow to see exactly how many days behind it is. Seems maybe the time is also not right.

Log: 739066

I currently have 3 plugs set up on Schedules (not Rules). 2 plugs I purchased from Wyze and have been using since January 2022. Two days ago a purchased a 2 pack of plugs at Home Depot and deployed one of them. After seeing this thread I thought I would do a bit of testing as well. The 2 original plugs I have are on the same Schedule every day of the week so they appeared to be working correctly because they turn themselves on at the same time every day (they do not have an off Schedule). The new plug (plug 3) has Monday through Saturday on one Schedule and Sunday is set differently.

My results are that the original 2 plugs seem to be working correctly. This morning (Thursday, October 6, 2022) when Scheduled to turn themselves on, they did. I had removed all other week days from their Schedule and they responded correctly.

Plug 3, the Home Depot purchased plug from 2 days ago is responding as @B57’s plug is. When Scheduled to turn on this morning, it did not respond. When I adjusted the schedule to run on Wednesday (today is actually Thursday), one day behind, it turned itself on at the scheduled time.

There is another variable with these plugs in that plugs 1 and 2 are at a different location, and thus, on a different network than plug 3. This may be an issue and it may not.

Plug 4, the second plug from the Home Depot pack has not been set up yet so I don’t have anything to report for it. I will set it up tonight on the same network as plug 1 and 2 and test it there. I will then test it tomorrow on the same network as plug 3 and see how it responds there as well.

I’ll update with the results of plug 4 as I test it.

All plugs are on Firmware 1.2.0.206 and I’m using iOS app 2.35.0.13

Turns out it did run the schedule on the correct day. Maybe because I recreated the schedule? Or maybe it is a diffrent bug that it just didn’t work randomly last time…

If I use rules instead of local schedules, those work with no problem - it is just the local schedules that don’t work properly.

And it makes sense that the rules history shows nothing, because local schedules run locally on the plug, without any access or interaction with the internet or with the wyze servers, so the servers and app won’t be “running” any rules to be in the history.

I wondered about deleting and adding the schedule again. But I’ve done that multiple times, with no change to the behavior.

The only thing I have not done yet, is delete the plugs and re-adding them to my account, then adding a local schedule again.

Looking at the firmware version number on the plugs, the app shows no firmware updates available - they are all on 1.2.0.206. According to the website, this is the latest firmware for the version of the plug manufactured in 2021, even though I purchased all these plugs within the last 2 months in 2022. So these must be older plugs that were built at lest 6-7 months ago that are still being sold now I must not have any of the plugs built in 2022, since their latest firmware is a different version.

1 Like

An interesting turn of events last night. I set up Plug 4, and tested it on the same network as Plug 1 and 2. It responded just as Plug 3 did with the schedule running a day off of what it was set for.

I retested Plugs 1 and 2 on that same network and they are now running a day off their set schedules as well. Before I set up plug 4, they worked correctly on the correct day. Once I set up Plug 4 they are now running a day off their schedule :man_facepalming:t3:

I deleted Plug 4 from my account and retested Plug 1 and 2 and they are still running a day off of their set Schedule :man_shrugging:t2:

If nothing else, all Plugs are responding to the Schedule settings the same, a day off what it’s set for, but it sure was nice when my original Plugs were working correctly.

1 Like

Update
So this morning (Saturday, the 8th) the plug turned on. Idk the exact time, but around 8am. Def before 11am.

Here are my schedules. No rules, nothing in rules history. In the past, local schedules would show up in rules history labeled as “Schedule” and when expanding them it said the plug name and then “sendLocalAuto”. It does not do this anymore.

Those schedules should turn in on at 11am today, right?

Though yesterday I tested by creating a schedule that runs only on Friday, and it ran… so idk what’s going on lol.

Here’s a log: 741645

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. So this plug didn’t turn on on Sat?

It DID turn on, but i think it was before 8am, not 11am like the schedule indicates.

Idk it seems inconsistent and when I try to test it works fine, but then randomly it will behave as if it’s a day off…

1 Like

Understood. I will report this and see what issue could be found there. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you all for reporting this issue. We did find one issue regarding time zone leading to this bug. We have fixed it and currently is preparing internal testing. Once finished we will release this firmware to help you fix this issue. Will keep you updated on the process here. Thank you for your understanding and patience!

5 Likes

Great news @WyzeDesmond! Thank you!

@B57, great job reporting and documenting this bug so it can be fixed!

2 Likes

No problem. I think that documenting the behavior and recognizing the behavior pattern, is half of the solution, to help pinpoint the issue and narrow down the cause.

This is great news. I’m anxious for the update. I’ll watch for it.

Thanks!

5 Likes

@WyzeDesmond In case no one has noticed, the outdoor plugs also suffer from the same “off by one day” problem with local schedules.

I’m hoping that the fix will be released soon.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the notice. And yes, the new firmware should come to all plugs in order to fix this issue. I am still monitoring when it will release. Once I have any news here will let you know immediately. Thanks

2 Likes

I am so happy to say that the new outdoor plug firmware released today, installed flawlessly, and fixed the local schedule problem of the previous firmware, where the local schedules always ran one day late.

I can’t wait for the firmware update for the indoor plugs.

5 Likes