Live view on Alexa when person detected

I recorded this video to demonstrate the issue:

Valid until May 3, 2022

Anyone have a moment to see the video?

Hello @jrieder46

I just watched it. I have seen this issue recently and there has been some discussion here. Check out this thread. I have been testing daily to see if the service comes back and have open tickets with both Wyze and Alexa Support.

Thx I’m not now I know I’m not crazy

1 Like

Any updates on this?

Hi everyone, i have the same issue with Wyze V3 NOT to show the live view automatically when people was detected and announced by Echo show 5.
I recently bought Alexa Echo show 5 (Gen2) and linked to Wyze V3 cam with routine setup. However, the Alexa popped up an Error message " This device is not currently supported " and could be setup directly from the Wyze cam as Ring devices…please kindly update me if there is anything i missed in setup procedure?

Are you in Canada?

Yes, i am living in Canada…both Alexa and Wyze were bought in Canada.

That’s likely the reason. Many of us have had the same problem for years. I wish Wyze would tell people this before they advertise that it works with Alexa. I’m not sure wyze will do anything for us since it has been bought up for some time now.

Yes, it only works when you ask Alexa to show the Wyze cam live view but could not show automatically when motion was triggered…! I hope Wyze and Alexa can fix the problem soon…, thanks for your reply!

I recently read that you can change your location to United States in the settings and then it will work.

P, do youmean th change location for Wyze or Alexa setting? Please send me the forum you have read to share, thanks.

But then your amazon prime account is all messed up. It’s not a solution in my opinion really wish Wyze could fix this but they claim it is amazon issue and amazon claim it is wyze issue. I tried support for both sides and got no answer. So I just live with this limitation despite the fact it is still advertised. I like the cameras overall so I’m ok with it.