Over the past few months, I have noticed that Person detection is not triggering Alexa routines consistently.
Most recently, this morning, I reproduced it in response to Wyze support telling me the issue had been corrected (again)… which is not true. As you can see by the included image(s), I triggered the Person Detection 5 times but only 3 of them made it to Amazon and the Alexa routines:
Steps to reproduce:
- Add the Wyze Skill to Alexa, using the Alexa app and link it to your Wyze account.
- Setup an Alexa routine to trigger upon Person detection for a camera on your account.
- Setup the Wyze app for Person detection notifications to compare to your Alexa routine triggers.
- Walk in front of the Wyze camera several times with at least 5 minutes apart so that you allow for the cool down period.
- Compare the Person detection results against the Alexa routine history in the respective apps.
In this example, there are 5 detections and the two that did not trigger Alexa routines.
8:05am (did not trigger Alexa routine)
8:18am (did not trigger Alexa routine)
Clearly, the camera detects a person, sends that to Wyze, Wyze sends that down to the phone but only tells Amazon about it inconsistently.
Seems to me that the Wyze to Amazon server integration is flaky but I can’t seem to get traction after filing multiple tickets and submitting multiple logs. They just tell me make sure I have the latest firmware and app version and don’t even really understand this is a service integration problem.
Basically, I have a camera at my front door and I have it announce someone is there. Pretty simple scenario but unfortunately not reliable at this point.
I have unlinked/relinked the skill. Updated camera firmwares, etc. Most things you would expect to try and solve the problem on my end.
Anyone else use Person Detection and have it integrated with Alexa routines?
If anyone has this problem too or even a solution, I would love to hear back. If Wyze community support is listening, I can give you all the ticket and log ids if it will help this go somewhere. I wonder why I pay for person detection if does not work well with Alexa (my use case).
I want to love Wyze like I did when they just did cameras but they make it so hard at this point. Open to other camera solution that would work outside of Wyze if I can’t get this fixed.
Thanks in advance.