Camera automation

Does anyone know how to incorporate the rules feature that lets you choose what to happen if camera detects a person with rest of smart home it would be amazingly handy don’t really see the use in being able to control my other cameras when someone’s detected how bout turning on n off stuff on Alexa or really anything #cameras #power-lighting #home

I. think. you. should. try. using. punctuation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @edgeunsinn.

There are a number of trigger rules you can setup in the Wyze rules, and Alexa routines.

Of course these are highly dependent on what devices you use and what type of integration is available.

But if you have some specific scenarios of what triggers and actions you are trying to accomplish I can see if they are achievable.

2 Likes

Yes, you can trigger any Alexa routine when a Wyze camera detects a person.

2 Likes
  1. My Motion Sensor V2 has ability to identify when motion is detected and when it clears and take action such as turn the light off after it clears.
    Please copy the code and add it to the Pan V2 and Cam V3. :slightly_smiling_face:

2. I would like to get an email and / or a sound (beep) alarm on my iPhone when my Motion Sensor V2 identifies motion. Can I currently do this? If not please add. I have notifications turned on for the Motion Sensor and for the iPhone under notifications.

Ya I have came plus pro which has facial recognition that does seem to work even if only half the time but I have seen it work and label people by name and since I have Alexa ai connected I’d like to be able to trigger Alexa routines based on specific faces. If I go in my art studio I’d like these light this music and this wyze came to turn on person notifications etc. But if my son comes in I’d like him to not have my routine triggered but maybe just lights on and a notification to me or wtv you get the point as we have much different reasons when going into my studio

I’d like to add that I need to now turn off all detection settings as the constant heavy traffic it puts my wifi through slows the camera feed to a crawl n even prevents playback whic i dunno why it would even alert me about a person entering if I’m not even going to be able to see said feed and know who or what is happening all it does is cause me anxiety by saying hey something just went in your place but guess you’ll find out what and why when you arrive to danger or an empty robbed place… it might as well just tell me don’t worry I’m sure you got cameras because you have nothing to protect or worry about right? You don’t actually need to know what’s happening to your family n property do you?