Outdoor camera trigger Alexa routine

I use the Wyze V2 camera to use person detection to trigger an Alexa routine to turn on lights. I recently installed an outdoor cam with AI person detection turned on. While the camera does detect a person it does not correctly trigger the routine. Again this feature does work with my V2 camera but not the outdoor camera. Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome! I am trying to get a V2 to use PD to turn on lights as well. Does yours work on a consistent basis?

It does work somewhat consistently. When it doesn’t ( I’m speculating) I think it related to the 5 minute cooldown. Ie if it doesn’t see the person in the first 12 seconds of motion - it won’t detect the person. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck

Ahh ok, I didn’t think about that!

Regards,

Bryan Buck
[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.