Live Video on Wyze Outdoor is unreliable

New Wyze user. Got Wyze Outdoor camera for Christmas. Have been playing with it around the house. One major problem: About half the time when I go to the LIVE VIDEO screen, it does not work. It tries multiple times but no video comes up. Sometimes I get a generic error message about closing the app and retrying or restarting the Wyze camera. Sometimes I get a specific error.

Occasionally I can’t get it to work at all, tried 10x and gave up. Later on it will work.

Anybody know of this issue and have a solution?

Firmware version 4.171.027.
Device Model: WVoD1

I have three that I can live view without any issues. Check to see if both the base and unit are up to date on firmware. How far away from the base is the camera. That can cause an issue

Hi @colebill and welcome to the Community Forum! :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes, f/w: [4.17.1.027] February 10, 2021 is the latest version.

When the camera does work, check the WiFi signal strength. It could be marginal signal strength or interference from another WiFi product. The distance and obstructions between base and camera is critical.

Did you set it up on the 2.4 network?, As stated, upgrade the firmware for base, cam and check your version of the app. I have 4 WCO running fine right now.

Thanks for the replies. Camera & Base are up to date on FW.
Camera is on 2.4 GHz network.
Camera is about 15’ away from the base unit. (pretty darn close as I am just testing this in the house now; I intend to move it outside where it may be 75-100’ away from base unit.

Has anyone contacted Wyze support directly for anything? I will try to go that route.

Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

I got it to work. SIgnal strength is 3 bars. I’ll monitor for a few days.

1 Like