Live feed freezing

For the last four or five days the live feed has been freezing on both of my outdoor cameras. It doesn’t matter whether I’m using Wi-Fi or 5g. I’ve turned everything off and back on, did a force stop on the app, turned my phone off and on, I give up. Any suggestions? They seem to freeze after about 15 or 18 seconds every single time I use live feed.

4 Likes

I have the WCO v1 cams and they will run for about 30 seconds of live view, stop for about 45 seconds to one min. then start up again. The KB/s rate on the top left goes from about 157KB/s up and down between 60 and 157 then goes to 0.0KB/s for a while and starts again???
I don’t view their live view very often so I just noticed it after reading your post.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, the KB/s rate just drops to zero after about 15 seconds. It’s ridiculous. In 2 years I have never had this problem until recently

1 Like

I power cycled the base via smart plug and also manually turned off / on each camera and no change to the amount of time it will stream. This a a real PITA for me because I have one cam doing scheduled event recording to the SD in the WCO v1, cloud recording is turned off. Last night the camera recorded 31 videos to the SD in the cam. To view you need to tap the download icon and save the videos to you phone. The issues is the camera will not stay connected long enough to download more than one video if that. I have to go back in the app, get the cam back to live view > more> album then rapidly download the next video. I have been doing this for over 3 years and have never had this problem until earlier this month. Maybe the 2.48 app screwed something up? Since I am using iOS I do not know how to revert to the previous app version. :angry: :angry:
Log 1274293 Ticket 3567591

I sent this to support via a response to their email. Camera is plugged in and sitting 3 inches from the router and 1 foot from the base. It was able to Live stream for 18 seconds before the KB/s went to zero and stayed there. :angry:

1 Like

Same here. 2 outdoor cams. One is 2 feet from the base and router and the other about 8 feet. Almost exactly 20 secs everytime it streams then freezes for 35. I also have reset every piece of hardware, tried a different base, cleared the cache even relearned the cams and still does the exact same thing.

I submitted all the information to support after reading their boilerplate directions for everything I had already done. Another side issue is shortened cloud event with cam plus. If the KB/s go to zero the cam will not record the entire event sometimes even though motion is happening directly in front of the cam. I’m going to set one cam to record both cloud events and scheduled event recording to the cam SD card and try to get an example tonight.

1 Like

Same issue here. No previous issue with the outdoor cam or base, or distance between the two. All cameras are functioning as they should except for my 1 outdoor cam that started freezing in live view just a few days ago. I came here for help and I’m realizing that I’m not the only one with this issue that suddenly popped up within the last few days.

1 Like

I’ll let all know if I get any information from WYZE. I just tested the cam I have plugged in next to the base for charging. As above it starts out about 134 KB/s and works it way to 0.00KB/s in about 18-30 seconds. I watched it connect again after about 35-50 seconds and repeat the cycle again. :thinking:

1 Like

I had a whole conversation with them about this issue, no acknowledgment whatsoever that there might be a problem on their end. I even suggested that they read the forums and see what people are saying. I know it’s a huge hassle to even get through to somebody in support, but maybe more people should push them on the issue.

1 Like

@josie1557 I just sent support a link to this thread. I told them I am not the only one.

1 Like

Last question I received from support was “what is the status of the light on the base” I replied it was Solid Blue like it has been for the last 3 years and one month. The light does not change when the camera’s KB/s goes to zero.
NOTE Just a reminder for those who have cam plus on the WCO, if you power cycle the base go back and check your event recording settings since the cams continue to revert back to a default 1 minute cooldown period. I almost forgot that after some testing yesterday and had to change all 4 WCO back to no cooldown where they were originally set.

2 Likes

My issue with Live Stream freezing started when I updated to the 2.48 App. V3 cameras further away from my WiFi access point have the most freezing (which did not happen on App version 2.47). Also freezing happens on IOS. Android (with Hardware Decoder Off) has a few dropped frames but much better than IOS.

Anyone else notice freezing when moving to App version 2.48?

1 Like

I am using iOS 2.48 and have no freezing on the V3 Pro or V3 cams. The V3 furthest away is 40 feet from the router and streams on the app continuous. The KB/s cycle from 70 to 150 up and down. I don’t have any cams in a group, this is an individual cam.
As a side note with the WCO, last night I set my Rat WCO to both Cam Plus Cloud recording and recording to the SD in the cam. I got two 5 second cloud event videos, but there are 30 recorded events on the SD card some 10 seconds and some over 30 seconds. The rat moves fast. :grin: :grin:

1 Like

We have the same issue. Three bases and 10 WCO’s and they started disconnecting the live feed after about 20 seconds within the last week or so. They have been flawless for about 3 years. Edit to add, have WCO v1 & v2, & cam plus, latest v of firmware and app. Issue persists.

1 Like

I sent them more information they requested this morning. App version, App Log #1275013,
Firmware versions for cams and base, MAC addresses for all 4 cams and base. I gave my opinion that this issue started with the 2.48 app. I am using iOS 2.48.0 (6)
I have also been using mine since 4 Nov. 2020 without this issue.

*** New Email from support said the are analyzing the app. log , cam logs and other information I sent and will (try ) to make a fix when they figure out the cause. I’m sure it will take some time but at least they were informed of the issue.

4 Likes

Thank you Antonius, I also use iOS and the same Wyze app version as you. I no longer have a backup to restore with the previous version of Wyze that could check to see if the problem is also there, I suspect it is not. If anyone has a backup prior to the 2.48.0 (6) it would be a worthwhile test.

1 Like

Same issue. Its been very frustrating. Grateful to find this thread so I can confirm its not just me.

Running 2.48.0. Android. 2 Cams, one base. Flawless for years. Just noticed the issue a few weeks ago.

Began to think that constant live feed was taken from the free app and moved to the paid platform, like a few other features that I’ve lost over the last few years.

Thanks for posting, everyone. I’ll watch this thread, like the rest of us, and contact tech support to push the issue.

Happy New

(Reconnecting 1 of 3 times)

(Reconnecting 2 of 3 times)

(Reconnecting 3 of 3 times)

Year!

I just started seeing this in the last week or so on my 2 Wyze Cam outdoor.
Live video feed will work for about 18 seconds and then it will freeze, then disconnect for 30+ seconds.
I don’t remember updating recently.

Firmware version 4.17.4.427
Plugin version 2.46.0.5

1 Like

@JasonH I don’t think it has to do with the paid or unpaid version, I have Cam Plus on one camera and not on the other, and it happens to both of the cameras. Interestingly I bought a video doorbell from another company and that live feed works just fine. (Also using Android).

I would agree with it not being related to paid vs unpaid. I have Cam Plus on both my outdoor Cams that are seeing the issue.